“Good value, decent food”

Sandstone Grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sandstone Grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 589 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the Niagara Region for decades, Sandstone Grillhouse carries on a long family tradition of good food, friendly service, and a welcoming environment. Featuring Angus Reserve beef, succulent seafood, homemade italian, stellar appetizers, and more, Sandstone is the locals' choice for great food at a great value! Come enjoy; you'll be glad you did!
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were looking for a relatively quiet place to eat for our group of 14. A server at the Hard Rock Cafe suggested the Sandstone to us. We reserved a table and were able to get in fairly close to the time we wanted. The service was good. The food selections were broad enough to please everyone. Overall no one had anything negative to say about their meal. Spoke to the owner who was very hands on. All in all a better alternative than the 'chain' restaurants located a block away.

2  Thank Sc0M0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

First time I went with 4 people, 3 had excellent beef tenderloin, i had chicken parmesan, unfortunately it was only mediocre, hammered thin, overcooked with a bland tomato sauce on it. No big deal but I am here for a month so wanted to see what else they had, Thanksgiving today, i called and asked if they were serving Turkey dinner, of course the person said. I arrived and asked the greeter, again, are you serving turkey dinner and is it real turkey? Yes she said, of course.
Beer was flat and when my meal arrived it was a rolled turkey thing with stuffing in the middle. I mean cmon!! No mashed potatos just mashed squash and stuffing. What a disappointment. I will NEVER go back here. 1 beer, dinner and a tip, $40, complete waste of money. They should be ashamed of themselves saying that is real turkey.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We chose the Sandstone Grillhouse because of its location and the TA reviews. We found much the same as most reviewers: a very good restaurant in a convenient spot. It has a nice menu with good choices in all categories. They feature unique pizzas as well a a good selection of Italian and Greek favorites. We would recommend this as a good choice that won't strain your budget.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went here based on Tripadvisor reviews (#7 of 319 in Niagara Falls). While not disappointed in the experience, it could have been better. The service, while very friendly, was a bit slow and disorganized (the waiter thought someone else told us the specials, the waiter and busboy both thought that the other brought us bread, we had to wait for cheese for the pasta, etc.). The food itself was tasty and fresh.

It was only half full when we went. If full, could be somewhat noisy. Can't justify the high rating.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Sandstone grill with another couple after seeing great reviews on Tripadvisor. It just goes to show tourists don't know anything about good food. I ordered the gnocchi and 20 minutes later the waiter came back and said they didn't yet make fresh gnocchi that day (this was at 6:30pm!), and all he could offer was yesterday's gnocchi. Nothing else on the menu looked appetizing, so I obliged. What a mistake, lumpy, goopy gnocchi. I'll never go back.

4  Thank LDE08