“never open!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
ohio
“never open!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed right beside this place but it was never open. We tried several times to check it out but it was not open,

Visited October 2012

N Dartmouth MA
“Hole in the wall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were staying right next to this bar. My husband wanted to go in for a drink. We sat at the bar and were the only two people in the place. It was late afternoon.. My husband ordered a beer, can't screw that up. I ordered Malibu rum, pineapple and cranberry juice. I don't know what I got, but it wasn't that. It was pretty disgusting. We were pretty much ignored the rest of the time we were there. The bartender was too busy talking with the owner over a broken soda machine. She dropped a couple f bombs which I found surprising with customers sitting there (us) and the owners small child nearby. I guess they don't really care. You're not a regular and you're not coming back. It was very dark and dingy in there. They definitely need a bar rescue. Don't waste your time here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msar1076
Columbus, Ohio
“regular guys drinking bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just a little hole in the wall type place to get away from all the other busy busy tourist places. Sit down, relax and have some drinks.

Visited October 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Tried it again, but PLEASE --SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! See photos!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ok, maybe my husband and I are gluttons for punishment. Or maybe we were just hopeful that it HAD to have gotten better since last year. Our first night of our annual trip to Niagara Falls, we tried this again. This was Sun., Sept. 2, part of the Labor Day weekend. Let me preface this by saying the whole Niagara Falls/Clifton Hill area was PACKED with tourists! People everywhere, traffic blocked by pedestrians. People waiting on the sidewalks to get into restaurants....

And then we got to the Wild Mushroom. No one waiting outside, or sitting outside at their patio tables. We went inside, down the stairs, still seeing no one. Ok, we were the only diners... but kept going.

I was getting a bit nervous. Table, like last year, looked like it was wiped with a dirty rag.
The bartender/waitress came over. We decided on the pizza and wings special, which in the past was always worth the price.

After we got our drinks, she comes strolling back and says "You're not going to believe this, but we are all out of pizza dough! Hope you didn't have your heart set on pizza!" So, she gives us 1 menu back, to see if we want to order something else. (I guess we were supposed to share this menu across the table.)

Due to the dirty look of the place, I was afraid to order some things, so I opted for the chicken fingers and fries, figuring if they were deep-fried, any germs would be killed. My husband chose the bar-b-q chicken sandwich.

Waited quite a while for our food. No other guests in the place. The waitress said, "Oh there were just 5 women in here from the casino, partying and having a great time! You JUST missed them!" Ok...

While we were there, then quite a few people DID come in -- ONLY TO USE THE BATHROOMS! The waitress giggled and said "I have more people coming in here to use the bathroom than anything else!" Hmmm...

A few people came in to pick up food to go, and we heard they worked at the Fear Factory next door. One had ordered poutine, and I heard her tell him "We had no cheese, so they are basically gravy fries." Do you REALLY think he'd have ordered it and paid if he knew that in advance???

We also noticed while drinking, that at least 4 of the beer taps were covered with plastic cups, meaning they were EMPTY! Again she had an excuse, "Oh... we're waiting for kegs to be delivered for those." Right, on a HOLIDAY weekend with tons of tourists, you would be without beer???

I see one reviewer and the actual name of the place called this a sports bar.... no, it is not. There are 3 (smaller) tvs in the place. We asked her to put some sort of sports on any one of them .. this was a Sunday night. She said "Oh, I don't know if we can get anything, these tvs only go up to channel 20-something, I don't know if we can get any sports." Sports bar????? Misnomer??!! What she put on was NASCAR...on all 3 tvs.

We got our food. As I figured, my fried food was edible, although the fries were not hot, so I am guessing they were done first and sat there while the chicken fingers fried. My husband's fries were the same way. His chicken sandwich was NOT good. It was like 2 small chicken fingers/tenders on a roll with bar-b-q sauce, and tough as anything.

When the waitress brought our bill, she asked how things were. My husband is NEVER one to complain even if things are mediocre, but he told her the chicken sandwich was lousy and tough and small.

As an apology, she did not us for our drinks...

As we were leaving, there were 1-2 guys who came in to play pool and drink. We decided to use the restrooms on our way out. I was leery, and my nightmares were realized. First of all, one of the facuets was on full blast in the ladies' room??!! Probably one of the transients who came thru and were afraid to get their hands dirty turning it off??? I took a paper towel and turned it off. No sense wasting water. I turned to use one of the 3 stalls... Well, Stall #1 was full of 'excrement' and not flushed. Stall #3 had some unidentifiable substance on the seat area, so I was not sitting there OR cleaning it off. And stall #2, well I was just too disgusted... I took a photo. Tissue on the floor. Bloody tissue on the floor.... Ugh. I'd hold it. Turned again to leave and noticed used tissues in sink #2. What the heck??? Obviously this whole place is just a public lavatory!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! There are so many nicer, cleaner places that actually serve the food and drinks that are on the menu!!! Next year will peek in first.... if it is not owned by someone new, we are NOT entering! (Except maybe to take a pic?)

So glad I thought to take a photo or 2 in the ladies' room. The restaurant was so dark, you couldn't see all the health violations there.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank W1nterBaby
Barnesville, Ohio
“Local Flair in the heart of a tourist trap. GO HERE!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

In Niagara Falls, you will pay high prices. We found this to be a nice, dive-bar type place to have a few beers while in the area. Definitely not a top-shelf houty-touty place, nore a place for children.....but a bar nonetheless. 2 beers for $15. The wait staff was not only attentive but very personable. They made their best efforts to make us feel at home and to make our visit enjoyable. Ordered a pizza at night's end....which was delicious. See this for what it is, not what you "expect" from a tourist trap. It's a diamond in the rough, a "dive bar" with excellent wait staff and decent food. Quit comparing it to the Hard Rock. It isn't. Charity the bartender did her best to make us happy and fulfilled our every need. Go here if you are looking for a place to drink a few adult beverages and connect with locals.

• Visited August 2012