“Marriott Fallsview restaurant”

Terrapin Grille
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Annual anniversary trip to Niagara and our first night stay we had arranged for dinner at the hotel.

We were not disappointed since my partner ordered a medium rare filet which was the best ever. So tender and juicy, cooked perfectly with matching fall type root vegetables and potato which were tasty and tender as well.

I opted for the Duck Con-fit which was also cooked to perfection and served with similar side vegetables. Excellent choice to stay inside on a cold winter night.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The dinner was good, but very expensive. the breakfast buffet was excellent yet overpriced for comparable quality.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were guests at the Marriot and had dinner at the on-site Terrapin Grill restaurant. The restaurant is on roughly the 5th floor of the hotel and has a good view of the Horseshoe Falls. I ordered lobster tails, and my wife ordered a vegetarian entrée. The entrée preparation was good. Unfortunately, there is more to dinner than just the entrée. I would expect most restaurants of this caliber to be a little generous with small things. The server gave each of us a small dinner roll. This would have been okay if the roll was of a reasonable size, but it was tiny, 2 bites at most to finish it. Normally, I would expect a small basket of warm rolls or a small loaf on a cutting board. About 10 minutes passed before the server returned and gave a 2nd tiny roll to each of us. Something was lacking with our salads, but I cannot recall exactly what it was. Our entrees were served before we finished our salads. About 10 minutes passed from when we got the dessert menu to when the server returned to our table. We normally share a dessert and asked about the size of the chocolate cake and decided to order one. What was served was nothing like what we were led to believe. It was not a slice of cake. What was served resembled a Hostess Ding Dong and was about the same size. By now, we were anxious to pay and leave. Unfortunately, this also took too much time. After requesting the bill, about 10 minutes passed before the server brought our bill but neglected to apply our room discount. Another 10 minutes passed before she returned with the corrected bill. I'm not sure why there were so many delays. The restaurant wasn't very busy.

The overall feeling was that of stinginess. This is consistent with our room reservation and our general experience with Marriot Hotels. We had a completely opposite experience in the Skylon Tower revolving restaurant.

1  Thank airsonu
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here one of the 2 nights we overnighted in Niagara Falls. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here and I was not so sure we would having read previous reviews. The restaurant is not large and therefore has a fairly intimate feel to it.

We made reservations and were seated at a window table where we had the perfect view of both the American and Canadian falls. The food was amazing and the service was just right. Our waitress was attentive enough while not being intrusive. We truly enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank GlobL
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The restaurant again overlooks Niagara falls, our waiter even though he was very busy he attended to us quickly and efficiently plus the food was hot and tasted beautiful!!