“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terrapin Grille

Terrapin Grille
Ranked #56 of 549 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The restaurant again overlooks Niagara falls, our waiter even though he was very busy he attended to us quickly and efficiently plus the food was hot and tasted beautiful!!

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Montreal
“Beautiful view but an expensive one!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's not that the food is only two-star worthy.
It's the prices of the food... and eating here is just not worth the price.
Unless you have a hotel voucher, then it's more reasonable.

Firstly, this restaurant has great views of the falls.
We were seated by the window both times that we ate here and we happily snapped photos of our food with the falls as the background.

However, is the view worth paying almost twice as much?
..No (-1.5 Yelp Stars).

We had a voucher for the breakfast buffet which is regularly $22 a person.
It's a nice buffet with sausages, eggs, hash browns, and there is an omelet station. There was a large selection of yogurt and fresh fruit as well.
It's not the largest selection, but it was a nice breakfast.
The pastries were actually really fresh and tasty.

As for the dinner, we had a voucher to save $40.
It's not a true $40 dollars (I'm not quite sure of how they redeem it, but it's not).

To put things into perspective, the price for a steak entree is $56.
It's a bit steep for eating at the Marriott.

We ordered the salmon, grilled calamari, and a walnut and cheese spinach salad. I really liked the fresh bread and whipped herbed butter served with dinner. The salmon was perfectly cooked and served with root vegetables.
The portions were decent and everything was well prepared.

Overall, not a bad meal, but we still had to dish out about $35 after applying our dinner voucher.

With so many other options available nearby, it's not a surprise that the restaurant was not close to capacity.

Not a bad place to grab a meal, but you are paying for the view.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Pennsylvania
“Charming Elegance with a View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Located in the Marriott(the hotel my husband and I were staying at), this restaurant was delicious. I would go back to dine here even if we don't stay at the Marriott again. I enjoyed Duck Confit and my husband ordered the Smoked Meat “Bolognaise” Rigatoni. Both were well done and quite tasty.
Our waiter rather murmured quietly when talking to us. This made it difficult to understand him, which is only a minor problem really.
*Note make sure to make reservations if you want a table right next to the window with a view of the falls!

Avon Lake, Ohio
“Really Bland Food and Very Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I visited with my wife on a snowy saturday in January. Be warned this place charges quality steakhouse prices, for average meat. The hostess was very nice and got us a window seat with a beautiful falls view. A few tips. This restaurant has fallsview dining but if you aren't by the window you can't see the falls. Furthermore we went in the winter and had no obstructions, but I could tell in the summer the leaves would cover the entire view. Now onto the meal. The waitress was ok and somewhat timely. We both had the New York Strip. My wife had a ceasar salad and the dressing was very tasteless. Our meals took awhile for some steak which should not take too long. The steak was so mediocre and bland. I could have ordered the same type of meat at my local Applebees or Fridays, Check that those places have better steak than this place which charges almost triple the price. We even got some sauce to try to give it some taste and that was bland too. Overall much too expensive, I don't mind paying if the steak is great, but this was not. I would never recommend this to a friend. I also would be very mad if I went in the summer to realize that I couldn't even see the falls.

1 Thank KMilos1024
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Romantic setting with great food in a hotel.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Who knew, hotel restaurants are getting better every year. If you can score a table by the window you will not only have a tasty dinner, but a great view to go with your food.
The romantic aspects were certainly evidenced by the number of couples in the restaurant, and the fact that it was booked solid.

Very nice soups (roasted chicken corn chowder and winter vegetable), tasty trout, excellent pork chop, all paired with a nice local Creekbank Sauvignon Blanc, selected with the help of our waitress.
Worth a visit