“Delicious breakfast buffet”
Review of Terrapin Grille - CLOSED

Terrapin Grille
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Torrance, California
“Delicious breakfast buffet”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Fresh croissant , delicious pancakes and waffles. Our server was really good. I still those freshly made pancakes and fried potatoes too

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LUCKS25

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
lima
“Average Food and Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

To start we had the Baco Noir dressed Baby Spinach with toasted walnuts, Balderson cheddar and Virgil pear. It was large enough for two but the dressing was non existent. The bread was great along with a lemon butter (I think because our waitress did not attempt to explain anything to us). I had the Red pepper, prosciutto, asparagus and Boursin stuffed Grilled Chicken Supreme and my husband had the Smoked Meat “Bolognaise” Rigatoni. My chicken was very good but my husband's Rigatoni lacked sauce. It was dry. He does not like to complain so he ate it anyhow. Overall service and food was average. We could not see the Falls from our seats so the view did not matter.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank sket101
Easton
“Dinner with a view...”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant was in our hotel - Marriott Niagara Falls - Hotel & Spa and offers a delicious variety of courses, prices are a little high, check for deals that can discount the meal. Their breakfast buffet was also very well done - omelets to order, fresh fruit, baked goods, etc...

Visited December 2013
“Great place to dine: even without the falls!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise! Better than most restaurants located within hotels! The view of Niagra Falls was wonderful but we would dine there again even without the view! Service was "spot on"! The food was great! Escargot was the most tender I've had. We had duck confit and a pasta dish: both were wonderful!

• Visited November 2013
New Jersey
“Enjoy the View Because the Food is not that Good”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had breakfast here two mornings and dinner one evening. Our dinner was a mixed review, considering that the shrimp cocktail was not edible so we sent it back. Here is the skinny …

Appetizer – The Lump Crab Cake ($11) with grilled peaches and cream corn salsa did not have any distinguishable taste or crust on the outside – 6/10
Appetizer - Grilled Shrimp Cocktail ($18) with a horseradish laced tomato cocktail salsa – 0/10
Soup – The Smoked Chicken and Grilled Corn Chowder ($9) was a tad above average – 8/10
Entrée – The 14 oz. Prime rib ($42) was over-priced for the quality and taste– 6/10
Martini – Grey Goose dirty ($15) was average at best and not a value – 7/10

Note that the waiter did remove the price of the shrimp off the bill.

For breakfast, the buffet ($20/ per person) had scrambled eggs, cubed potatoes, very thin bacon, sausage links and turkey sausage patties. You could also get fresh fruit, cereals (hot and cold), cheese cubes / salami, as well as wait in line for the egg station which was a very busy area. There are also cereals and pre-made waffles and pancakes available.

Day #1 - Service was poor. After coming back from the buffet I waited over five minutes for our server to come by and ask about juice and coffee. When I asked for ketchup it took another 10 minutes. At that point my food was cold and I asked the waiter to remove my plate with the food and went back to get a new plate of food. The bacon was so thin that you could see through it, the sausage links were undercooked and the turkey sausage was not very good so I left it after a couple bites. Note there was no bread anywhere on the buffet. They do leave the entire pot of coffee on your table which is a plus.

Day #2 – Service was much better and we knew what to eat and what not to eat which made for a better meal. The buffet looked exactly the same as the day before. I did question why there was no bread and was told that they do have it but you need to ask for it so I did!

There are a number of window seats available so if you get lucky you can eat and enjoy a great view of the Horseshoe Falls.

• Visited November 2013