“Excellent”

Terrapin Grille
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food is excellent and the waitstaff was amazing. Very accommodating. Beautiful view of the falls. Had breakfast, dinner and room service ...always best quality meals.

There are newer reviews for Terrapin Grille

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Received a voucher from the hotel for $40 but only 85% was applied to $46 worth of food! What happened to the other 15% you ask? Your guess is as good as mine. Voucher does not include drinks and those are overpriced as well. If you are spending the money go to AG Cuisine instead! Overall the food here was something I could make better at home. The restaurant can only get ppl in it by offering hotel packages. The pkg is not worth it!

1  Thank Leelee888
Reviewed June 26, 2013

$$$$ but the quality went with it. and the variety available also did. from pastries and fruit, and staples were of excellent quality, and everything clean and respectful, and available, and very fast and best seating and of course, of our more than one breakfast, the view was a top experience. the staff superb, but what I expect at Marriott. nothing a let down. helped us finish out our excellent visit to Canada Falls.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cant miss this bf. live omlettes were the best. With sour dough muffins. View is a bonus. Dinner is a bit pricey but still one of the best in NiagraEnjoyed. Lamb chops and steak was done perfectly.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dining here is more along the lines of a casual restaurant, with prices of a fine dining establishment. I've eaten at restaurants with $30+ entrees...but received the type of service where the host/hostess pulls the chair out for you, puts the napkin in your lap, and wipes the crumbs off the table between courses. Not so, here.

I ordered the NY strip steak for $32, my husband had a chicken dish for a little less than that. The food was good, although I still had to trim quite a bit of gristle from my steak. I wouldn't be complaining about that for a $16 steak, but for one that cost twice as much as that, I would expect all the fat to be trimmed before it was put on my plate!

We had free breakfast vouchers for the buffet. If it weren't for that, we would have eaten elsewhere. The breakfast buffet is pretty pricey, at $24/person. There is an omelet station, as well as an array of other choices: eggs, bacon sausage, waffles, oatmeal, lots of fresh fruit, and a selection of breads. On my first morning, the eggs were runny and cold, bacon was less than paper thin, and sausage was tasteless. The waffles I had the second morning were tasty. The best part of the buffet was the fruit! For these prices, though, I would expect the food to be of higher quality across the board.

All of our servers (we ate dinner here once, breakfast twice) were friendly and helpful.

You only get a view of the falls from the restaurant if you are sitting next to the window. Good Luck with that. We got a window table on our third visit there. This was not a major issue to us, however, as we had a really nice view of the falls from our hotel room.