“Long wait, cold food,nice servers,used to be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Terrapin Grille - CLOSED

Terrapin Grille
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Toronto
“Long wait, cold food,nice servers,used to be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had visited this resaturant a few years ago and returned because the food was really nice. Things have changed! To start, we walked up at 6:30 requesting a reservation. The earliest (&last time) available was 8:45 - we could have been seated within 20 minutes as a walk up then, but we were not hungry. When we returned , there were several parties waiting , many with unimpressed faces. We found they were running minimum 1/2 hour behind. We struck a conversation with a couple that was just leaving. They shared that their experience was just ok- cold food, mediacore taste and slow service. We thought we would tough it out and perhaps they were just picky people, but no they were exactly right! We were seated 45 min after our resveration time. The price is not worth the food nor the service here. We opted for the $63 prix fix Valentines dinner. My fiance had the grilled veal tenderloin medallions which was good and warm- not hot. I had the charbroiled 6oz filet mignon which was tasteless and room tempature with raw sweet potato chunks. Having all the delays I was so hungry I ate it! I did tell the server but nothing was ever done with the bill! I didn't feel like fighting I just wanted to rescue the rest of the evening with my fiancé , after all I was on a mini vaca. I'm glad they couldn't ruin the wine which was nice eventhough it was triple the price @ LCBO. Yes our visit was on a 'holiday' , but a well managed restaurant would have had a better handle on the all of the issues. Sorry Terrapin, the only thing gourmet about this experience was the price!
We do not plan on returning - we'd rather stay home and spend the money at a local restaurant that values our business.

1 Thank budalin

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Diego, California
“Hot and Cold...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant runs hot and cold. Some of the food is great...like the steak and escargot. Some is horrible...like the Calamari. Even though we complained the calamari was tasteless and so rubbery we could not chew through it, it was never removed from our bill. If you get Steve, Suzanne or Mary Anne as your server you will get excellent service...some of the others are really inexperienced or just plain lame. Adam on the omelet station was amazing and the breakfast was good, but nothing special. I was also disappointed on a Sunday morning they did not allow you to order a mimosa and they did not have a brunch, just the regular breakfast. We were on vacation and wanted something special and to feel pampered. The prices are very expensive for what you get and the menu rather uninspired. I would have liked to see more Canadian fare on the menu. The worst part was the loud sax driven jazz music they play night and day...the opposite of romantic for dinner and the opposite of relaxing for breakfast. Great view of the falls if you sit on the window.

oakville, ontario
“was okay but won't likely go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and had dinner and breakfast there.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating however the food was okay. I ordered the fresh trout fillet, recommended by our server, however it was drenched in cajun spice which totally killed the taste of the fish, and there was some sort of orange and lemon peel topping, which tasted like I was eating the seeds. My husband ordered the rack of lamb, it was okay, but not nearly as good as the Rainbow Room however the Rainbow Room serves local Ontario lamb, not vacuum packed, frozen and shipped in from New Zealand. Said it was rather tasteless.
Breakfast was fine, buffet with the option of cooked to order. Server Steve was excellent!!

Eliot, Maine
“Don't get the breakfast buffet!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel experience was great...Terrapin Grill breakfast not so much. $23 pp for below average options that didn't taste fresh. Being vegetarians we hit up the omelet station primarily, which was so-so. I don't even know if they offered breakfast to order. It would have been cheaper to order room service than eat at the buffet. Across the street facing our hotel was a big sign for a $9.99 buffet...take your chances and cross the street. It's a buffet...come on people.

“Decent place, expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being from the States, I found this place to be a little expensive. I understand it's at a high-end hotel and Canadian money is not worth as much as American money, but I had a hard time paying $100 for the meals and portions that we had here (2 people = $100 combined). We went to The Syndicate restaurant near town and had higher quality meals for lower prices, so that probably is affecting my opinion. Save your money and go somewhere else in town.

Visited January 2013