“service spotty, food pretty good”
Review of Terrapin Grille - CLOSED

Terrapin Grille
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Cuisine Combined with a Breathtaking View - the Perfect Ingredients for a Memorable Experience. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, look no further than the Terrapin Grille Fallsview Restaurant. We are located on the mezzanine level of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa, directly overlooking the spectacular natural wonder, Niagara Falls.
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Pre crowds we had great service but once the place got busy, forget it. My daughter had the filet, it was very good. I had the prime rib which was a huge salty dissapointment. Salads were nicely prepared, desert was good too.
view pretty good but got the same (better) from my overpriced tin can sized room on the 21st floor.
a piano or some live entertainment would have been nice given price point
Our waitress was Suzanne. Started out great but then really bad!!!
baked potato was a real miss. would NOT go back.

6  Thank tomuchtravel

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had breakfast coupons as included in our AAA room rate but gratuity was not included here whereas in other Marriott hotels it was. Several cups , plate, glass were dirty with old coffee drops, ketchup stains on plate. Instead of apologizing, the server took it away with no comment, she was probably used to it.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the Fallsview Marriott and decided to use our $75 dinner voucher from the hotel. The restaurant offers a good view of the falls if you have a window seat.
The food was superb. Even my 4 1/2 year old daughter loved her meal of the fish and chips. During our trip to Niagara Falls we ate at many restuarants and I have to say this was the best dinner I ever had.
Also the service was impeccable. Our server Leesa was incredible with our daughter and took the time to interact with her and make her feel special!
The entrees are on the pricey side but well worth it for a special dinner.
Highly recommended if you want a superb dining experience.

1  Thank PBLToronto
Reviewed August 11, 2011

From the time we sat down to the time we left, we were well taken care of. You have to keep in mind that you are paying for the view in the price of the meal as well, even though some seating was not located next to the windows. We had an early seating by the windows, and because it was summer, some of the trees obstructed the falls from one viewpoint (not much can be done about that), but you could still see a bit, and overlook the upper falls expanse. It was cool. About the meal: Onion soup was good, lots of cheese! Skipped salad and went right to my Steak entree. Upon inspection, it looked way overdone, I must have looked so disappointed (I was *so* looking forward to that filet!), that our server (Shauna) immediately took it to the kitchen, and then came back stating that under the inside lighting it was perfectly medium-rare, and asked me to trust her. I did, and she was right-the lighting from outside, and the filtering glass causes things to have a different coloring if you sit next to the windows there. She kept checking and making sure everything was right, and her manager as well. She really was concerned that we were enjoying our meals. The steak was awesome, the veggies were good (too many of them for me to finish), and the potato was huge and perfectly done. I can't comment on dessert because there was no room left for it! Shauna helped make it a memorable meal and experience for us, just what we wanted for sure. The only thing that brought down points for us, was that there were some loud children (one shreiker) at the table next to us, but after a few incidents, they finished and left the table-nothing the staff could have helped on that front.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Had a very lovely dinner at the Terrapin Grille at the Marriott Fallsview Hotel.
You have to try their calamari, baby spinach salad , and the
Rack of Lamb, which was the best ever and
the white chocolate mousse with raspberries for dessert was excellent.
My wife had a list of food allergies and the cooks were very
accommodating. They even had gluten free bread.
Service was very friendly and the server seemed genuinely interested
in making sure our meals were excellent.

1  Thank kegger_11