“Good thing the view is great, because the rest is terrible!”

Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 570 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fallsview Blvd
Transit: Daily local bus service to Skylon Tower with Niagara Falls Transit bus company. Also available is Free Attraction and Casino shuttle bus service to the Skylon Tower as well as Free shuttle service to our front doors form most major Fallsview hotels. Visit www.skylon.com for further information.
Description: Welcome to the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower. Casual fine dining is quite literally taken to the top - 775 feet above the mighty Niagara Falls. For lunch or dinner the menu is rivalled only by the spectacular view. Whether you come for a romantic Dinner for Two, a special celebration or just a family vacation, our Revolving Dining Room promises the ultimate in affordable Falls-view dining. Relax and enjoy as we revolve silently 360 degrees once each hour. Dine by night and discover the magic of the Falls Illumination, the dazzling city lights far below and the seasonal Falls Fireworks. Early dinner specials are available at 4:30 and 5:00pm daily. And the admission to our famous Ride-to-the-Top and Indoor/Outdoor Observation Decks Attraction is always FREE when dining. Be sure to include the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower in your Niagara Falls visit.
“Good thing the view is great, because the rest is terrible!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is probably the most overrated place in Niagara Falls - yes the view is amazing, but that's about the only positive thing going for the place.
Hostess was preoccupied and very curt to the point of rude when she tried to seat us at a very teeny-tiny table. This is something I warn everyone of - they cram the tables together so you feel like you're eating with the strangers beside you - honestly, very cramped.
The menus they presented us with were laughable - likely printed back in the 70s. The powder blue plastic covers were faded, cracked and peeling and the dated golden print was worn off in spots.
Be prepared for expensive prices - and don't expect edible food for those prices. My husband and I enjoy a good meal out and never begrudge the price but this place was the exception. My seafood pasta dish was tasteless and the oily film along the top indicated it had been sitting for awhile. My husband's meal wasn't cooked to his specifications (it was steak - he asked for it rare and it came back medium well). The salads were something you would expect from a greasy spoon diner (obviously made early in the day and dried out by the time it gets to your table). The waiter was incredibly rude when we brought the steak issue to his attention.
We finished our meals as quickly as we could, skipped dessert and hit a fast food place as soon as we left.
I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone. Unless you enjoy paying a lot of money for garbage food and sitting at a narrow, tiny table while your elbows rub against the strangers beside you, I would skip this place.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Very nice view!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The best in this place is the Falls view. My medium fillet was almost burned. The waiter said... the bread is coming eventually... And was right, they serve the bread one minute before the main course. For me is a good place to visit once.. If you want to pay $50.00 for a average food!!

• Visited April 2013
“Rude waiter, overrated cuisine, not worth the prices just pay for a trip to the top of the tower, don't bother to dine.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation for the Revolving Dining Room three months earlier for a special romantic dining experience. My husband has a metabolic disorder that restricts his diet and I made sure to mention this in the reservation in the designated food allergy area. I was excited and had high expectations. We reserved for the lunch menu at around 2PM. We entered the base of the tower and found a Cheesy arcade and kids center with tourist gift shop With no indication of a restaurant. We were expecting an upscale place and were surprised at how commercialized the tower was. We finally found a front desk and we asked about our reservations. It was obvious they knew nothing about our reservations and it took several minutes before she entered us into a computer and then pointed to some elevators for us to go up. We found the revolving dining room and once again they knew nothing about our reservations. We were seated and our waitress arrived. She had an obvious attitude from the start, perhaps a prejudice against American foreigners? Regardless I explained my husband's food allergy and asked what sides or accommodations we could make so we could reach the minimum amount per person for him. Apparently they are not willing to serve modified meals because she turned down any suggestions or requests. Finally she said not to worry about the minimum and my husband ordered the salad. She pranced around acting like it was SUCH an inconvenience to serve us. The food was mediocre at best and the salad included the end of the onion and carrots obviously areas that should have been discarded. Needless to say we enjoyed the view best we could ate and left within 35 minutes. I should mention that I left a tip as based on the amount if my husband had been able to reach the minimum. ( I worked in the restaurant business and understand what a thankless job serving can be). When we got up to leave we were a bit disoriented because the dining room had revolved the entrance we had originally used, so I asked our server which door to use to exit. She blatantly ignored me and pranced away. So we just left out the closet door. The view from the observatory at the top of the tower was very nice as good as the dining room. My advice, eat somewhere else and pay the admission to view from the top if you must see the view! Skip the dining.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Wallies11
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Dinner with a view”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate at skylon tower with 4 kids. The food was excellent. The view was great. The service was great and the server Kristi was very friendly. I recommend you get coupons or discounts just do a search online as it is expensive but you know that going in.

Buffalo, New York
“Romantic”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Going to eat at the high up restaurant is very unique. The floor rotates very slowly. It takes about one hour to do one round. While you eat, you will be enjoying the nice view of Niagara Falls. The food is good. Nice place for a couple. I rarely see kids there. Nice and quite :) good place for a proposal.