“Birds eye view” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skylon Tower

Skylon Tower
Ranked #39 of 549 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Canadian, International
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fallsview Blvd
Transit: Daily local bus service to Skylon Tower with Niagara Falls Transit bus company. Also available is Free Attraction and Casino shuttle bus service to the Skylon Tower as well as Free shuttle service to our front doors form most major Fallsview hotels. Visit www.skylon.com for further information.
Description: Welcome to the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower. Casual fine dining is quite literally taken to the top - 775 feet above the mighty Niagara Falls. For lunch or dinner the menu is rivalled only by the spectacular view. Whether you come for a romantic Dinner for Two, a special celebration or just a family vacation, our Revolving Dining Room promises the ultimate in affordable Falls-view dining. Relax and enjoy as we revolve silently 360 degrees once each hour. Dine by night and discover the magic of the Falls Illumination, the dazzling city lights far below and the seasonal Falls Fireworks. Early dinner specials are available at 4:30 and 5:00pm daily. And the admission to our famous Ride-to-the-Top and Indoor/Outdoor Observation Decks Attraction is always FREE when dining. Visit www.skylon.com to see our award-winning menus and our outstanding International Wine list. Be sure to include the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower in your Niagara Falls visit.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Birds eye view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

On tour and rather rushed thru as guide kept telling us how long lines get for the elevators. Better views at hotel if you're lucky enough.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Phoenixville, PA
“Skip it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading 'not so good' reviews on TA, my husband and I did not want to have dinner at the Skylon Tower (October 12) but we were with another couple who had fond memories of this restaurant 15+ years ago and insisted we go the one night we visited Niagara Falls. I'm still upset that we were not more adamant about eating somewhere else but we went along with their suggestion. I knew it was a tourist trap from the beginning. From the picture they take before you go up the elevator, to the herd of people in the elevator, to the impersonal welcome when you enter the restaurant. The food and service was VERY average and for $210 per couple, I'd say find somewhere else. The view is outstanding in this revolving restaurant but I could have enjoyed just as beautiful of a view from our 18th floor hotel room overlooking the falls.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary K
Buffalo, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great view, average food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I visited the Skylon Tower on 10/22/12. Now I should preface my review by saying that I work in the food business and do a lot of travel. I get to enjoy restaurants all over the United States and Canada. When I go to a white table cloth restaurant, my expectations are slightly different from say a fast casual restaurant (i.e. Applebee's). Yours should be too.

Let's get to the high points of the night. You'll love the view. The tower revolves one full circumfrance every hour. I would recommend going for the view of the falls at night when the light show turns on over the falls. This is at 7pm EST in the fall/winter. If you are looking to save a buck or two, the Skylon also has an early bird seating at 5:00 pm EST that is a decent value for the price.

Now the low points. One it is touristy for a white table cloth restaurant. I wore a collared shirt and slacks and my girlfriend wore a dress. We looked around and saw people in all sorts of attire including jeans. A bit tacky.

You will get hit up for $7 to park, a $30 picture that is taken of you at your table at dinner, and a $22 picture taken before you go up the elevator to the restaurant. It's a bit much after while. I can understand at touristy hot spots the need for this kind of stuff, but the at dinner photo could've been done without. We turned down the photos, but they don't give you an option to not take them which can make some a bit uncomfortable.

The food was VERY average. If money is of no object for you, then you may not object to what I may say. Pricing is comparable to most white tablecloth restaurants, but unfortunately the food and the service is not. You've been warned.

I ordered the surf and turf and a caesar salad. My girlfriend had a steak. The caesar was adequate, though the croutons were not made fresh and extremely hard. The bacon that was on it was very fatty and not of a high quality.

When the entrees arrived at the table, they were luke warm. While others may have sent them back, I just trudged on (and I'll explain why in a second) and ate my food. The lobster was a sweet 9 oz lobster tail. The only complaint was that it was a bit dry.

My girlfriend and I ordered our steaks medium (which should have a warm pink center). Instead we received medium well, bordering on well done steaks. Again, could've complained but my expectations were low to begin with because of the poor service and the time it took to get the food to begin with. So I ate my steak and while it was soft and a choice steak (not prime) it was good. I did get a side of onions with the steak and that helped "save" the steak.

The service was the lowest point of the night. I could get past the skylon's touristy nature with the pictures. I could get past the food not being 5 star quality. But for the prices being charged, I can't get past the lousy service.

After initially being served water and ordering drinks we waited nearly 20 minutes for our order to be taken. This was on a Monday night. We weren't alone as we were in the same boat along with three other tables in our section. When the order was taken by our blonde haired waitress, she was very long with her attitude and short on service. It seemed we were all doing her a disservice by frequenting this restaraunt. Nonetheless our meal continued with no prompting for another drink by her until my meal was nearly over. No checking back on how the meal was. She simply didn't care. And she wasn't alone. Whether it was the gentlemen serving water or the host/hostess upon arrival the staff was unapproachable. Keep in mind folks, this is on a Monday evening, a slow night in the restaurant business.

It had been 15 years since I had been to Skylon Tower and I won't be going back. Really too bad. I don't normally mind paying a good price for food and I'm not very needy when it comes to service. But the expectations at a white tablecloth are higher than going to Ponderosa especially when you spend $225 for a meal for two.

1 Thank foodcriticauthority
Ancestor
“Overcrowded”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went for a Saturday evening at 8:30. The tables were so close together, inches apart. The booths also very tight. The place is very noisy. Waiters hardly have time to serve you properly. Far too many patrons for the amount of wait staff
The quality of the food was poor and too expensive.
It was the most unrelaxing place we have ever been to for a meal.

2 Thank Annemarie B
“Completely overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband took me to Niagara Falls for a romantic weekend. So naturally he wanted to do a nice dinner overlooking the falls. Skylon has a beautiful view but that's it. They herd you into an elevator and up to the restaurant where you stand and wait (with reservations) with zero welcome. When we were seated we waited awhile to be greeted by our waitress who acted put out by having to be there. The menu is limited and very expensive. Our food took an hour to come out and was unimpressive. My advice skip it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles