“Its a Buffet what more to say”

Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fallsview Blvd
Transit: Daily local bus service to Skylon Tower with Niagara Falls Transit bus company. Also available is Free Attraction and Casino shuttle bus service to the Skylon Tower as well as Free shuttle service to our front doors form most major Fallsview hotels. Visit www.skylon.com for further information.
Description: Welcome to the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower. Casual fine dining is quite literally taken to the top - 775 feet above the mighty Niagara Falls. For lunch or dinner the menu is rivalled only by the spectacular view. Whether you come for a romantic Dinner for Two, a special celebration or just a family vacation, our Revolving Dining Room promises the ultimate in affordable Falls-view dining. Relax and enjoy as we revolve silently 360 degrees once each hour. Dine by night and discover the magic of the Falls Illumination, the dazzling city lights far below and the seasonal Falls Fireworks. Early dinner specials are available at 4:30 and 5:00pm daily. And the admission to our famous Ride-to-the-Top and Indoor/Outdoor Observation Decks Attraction is always FREE when dining. Be sure to include the world-famous Revolving Dining Room at Skylon Tower in your Niagara Falls visit.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We made reservations for 5pm to get the reduced price, you save $5 per person. This is not the revolving restaurant that is above. The buffet does not revolve. We arrived at the check in to get our tickets for the elevator up. If you eat at one of the two restaurants you do not have to pay for the round trip elevator ride to the top. We asked if we could go on up and see the observation tower before dinner and we were told no. We had to wait until 445pm. SO we walked around and then stood in front of the check in counter until 445pm, I thought the clerk would call us up...as we were one of three people standing there, she knew we were waiting to go up alas, nothing. I walked up and asked if we could go up and she said, let me check, with a humpf she said yes and printed out our tickets. I guess to make sure you eat there and you do not try to get a free ride you have to eat first and show the elevator your tickets. The view is nice. However, there were at least two bus loads of people going up too. We had to older lady's, maybe 60-70 years old who were cutting in line, I was amazed! anyway they walked right in front of us. At first we thought they were with the bus group but when we got up top they were asked who they were with and they said just the two of them. We were seated and our waiter was very nice and said we should go up now to not have to wait in the long bus lines. Not a large selection, but if you like seafood you would like this. it had an octopus salad, two or three types of salmon, peel and eat shrimp, a few starch items such as two different kinds of potatoes and a desert buffet that had more than the food buffet. Overall I think it is overpriced for the selection you get. You are paying the price of the elevator ride and observation deck.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,607)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

They lost our reservation, did not have it booked in computer. View was nice, the food was horrible. Filet mignon was ordered medium and still raw and cold in the middle. Not what I expect for medium. I actually sent food back for the first time in my life. The twice baked potatoes were cold and tasteless, the broccoli on the plate was cold too. very expensive meal for less than average food. View was gorgeous of course, but def need to improve on food quality for the price. Most expensive meal my boyfriend and I have had at a restaurant. Seating very close together, you practically have a date with another couple who you do not know.

2  Thank Amy860
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I feel compelled to write this review. We took a family holiday to North America and went to Niagara Falls. I encouraged my husband to have dinner at the Skylon revolving restaurant (not the buffet) since I had been there several years ago. He read about the piano player and his accolades, and my husband agreed it seemed worth it. The place was terribly busy for a Thursday night, and the line up and elevator ride to the top took about 15 minutes. Although it seemed the wait staff were terribly stressed, we were seated after about 10 minutes at a window, and the atmosphere and the view were excellent. But over the course of 2 hours we became very disappointed. The food was terribly overpriced for what it was -- CA $49 - $52 for a consumer-grade prime rib roast and sirloin steak with steamed broccoli and dry roast potatoes and a half a tomato with seasoned bread crumbs that was perhaps worse than hospital food. More disappointing was that the famous pianist played a total of 5 minutes during the 2+ hours we were there. Frankly I would discourage anyone who chose to have dinner here. Pay the money and go to the observation deck if this is the attraction, but there are many very good restaurants along Fallsview Blvd and in the area in general. I plan to email the restaurant and let them know it’s time to hire a real chef and stop the price-gouging for incredibly average food. I’m very sorry I encouraged my husband to go there, although he is a lot more kind-hearted and said perhaps they were too busy that night. Frankly they should not take so many reservations if this is the reason they put out such average food. Although the wine list appeared impressive and extensive, the wines were average too. In fairness to the wait-staff, they were very professional, but clearly run off their feet. At one point I saw a stack of about 8 dinners (stainless steel covers on) that were left on a table for about 10 minutes before the wait-staff took them to their rightful recipients. Surely the proprietors of the Skylon revolving restaurant can hire a professional chef if they want to charge these prices, which I would happily pay at a nice restaurant. In summary, don’t waste your money.

3  Thank Sharon E S
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Totally worth the money! We went to the 5:30 meal with our two kids, they loved it. As of 6 or 6:30, the price goes up. The restaurant rotates and gives you awesome view of the falls. Food and service were excellent

Reviewed October 7, 2012

View is good but few get to see it. Only the tables adjacent to the windows get the view. Other seating is booth-style 8 to 10 ft from the window. Beware...if you are a couple and ask for a window table they will seat two strangers at your table or 6 inches from it. Forget romantic conversations. Food is just average and tremendously overpriced.

1  Thank ondbrink