“Fun, adventurous and tasty”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #113 of 587 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located one block from the Falls on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort, the Rainforest Cafe Niagara Falls offers an extensive family friendly menu featuring salads, pastas, and sandwiches that are sure to please the entire family. A visit at Rainforest has you stepping into the deep, exotic Rainforest where you will dine surrounded by cascading waterfalls, animatronic gorillas, snakes, elephants and a 6000 gallon live shark exhibit. The restaurant also offers a boutique that features exclusive Niagara Falls souvenirs and merchandise.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our meal at the Rain Forest Cade in Niagara Falls, ontario was a great experience. Having an Individual with a disability go to your restaurant was fun seeing them see all the animations of the animals. Great food as well

rfcgm, General Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
We are glad the experience was fun for everyone at the table!
Everyday I get to watch the excitement in peoples eyes (kids and adults) as they walk through and experience something like no where else....it hits all the senses!
We are glad you and your family enjoyed themselves and we can't wait for you to return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,395)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our children always enjoy the rainforest cafes. Food was good and decently priced for a restaurant with an entertaining atmosphere. Prepare to wait on weekends for about minimum 10-20 minutes. Arcade near by was practically placed and was a good way to spend our 20 minutes with the kids. We would go back here.

We are so happy your children always enjoy themselves at the Rainforest, we do entertain the young and................... young at heart!
and although there was a small wait for your table we appreciate that it was well worth it.
So glad to hear you will be returning and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This restaurant is on par with any other Rain Forest Cafe I went to, a bit of a smaller shop, but all the excitement of the thunderstorm and the animatronics is there. The menu is always changing with the seasons and the food is always good and the plates are big and full.

Thank you for finding the Rainforest Cafe as excting as we do!
Yes the atmosphere is energizing with all the sounds of a tropical rainforest.....and the food definately fills most appetites (we hope you saved room for the "VOLCANO")......if not we look forward to seeing you soon :)
Thank you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff were very personable and the service was fast. Animatronic gorillas and elephants were cool! The salt water fish tank was amazing as well. The gift shop had lots of great items. The server did try to sell us our glasses as souvenirs, which is when we realized they were chipped.... use caution.

Thank you for such a wonderful review!
We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything about the Rainforest including the unique items to be purchased in our "Retail Village".
I do apologize for the chipped glass and have touched base with our Navigators (bartenders) to ensure this does not happen again.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I called the rain forest cafe direct in Niagara to inquire about purchasing a gift card for a friend with children that were visiting Niagara Falls and the restaurant. "Sure no problem you can purchase as a gift and they can use it, no need for you to be present" whoever replied. Thank you for informing me that my gift certificate purchase was WORTHLESS at your restaurant because I purchased it from the rain forest cafe main website! I think you SHOULD make it a little more clear on your website or at least inform your staff about being an independent business not associated with other Rain Forest Cafes. Complete Rubbish and it's deceptive. I want my money back!

2  Thank Joe S
rfcgm, General Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

I can certainly feel your frustration over this incident; however I'm certain I can add clarity to the confusion over the employee confirming the acceptance of Rainforest Cafe gift cards.
Although we are a franchisee of Rainforest Cafe Corporate we do accept the corporate gift cards; however these must be the physical card and not the "e-card" printed off line (which I believe is what you purchased).
As a franchisee are system is not set up to scan these "e-cards" for verification and also capture the funds. The corporate gift cards (the ones that look like credit cards) we will accept because we can call and verify the amount on the card and also keep the card (although the guest must use all the funds loaded onto the card). These cards are then submitted by us to corporate to receive the funds. With the "e-cards" they can be copied and possibly used multiple times before we can submit to corporate for reimbursement.
I sincerely believe the employee did not intend to deceive you when they said "gift cards" are accepted here at the Rainforest Cafe.
Due to your letter we are revisiting our response to guests who enquire about the acceptance of gift cards and notifying them that although we do accept them, guests are unable to use the "e-cards".
I wish to thank you again for notifying us and understand that you also spoke with my Assistant General Manager yesterday regarding this matter and Corporate is crediting you for the purchase.