“Good food and great service”
Review of My Cousin Vinny's

My Cousin Vinny's
Ranked #54 of 579 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were a party of 4 adults and 2 children and we were very happy with the food and service at this Italian eatery. All the meals were served quickly and were delicious. The waitress took care of all our needs with a smile. The haddock was delicious, and so was the Shrimp and Steak Diane.
The only complaint was that the sauce on the pasta dishes was a bit too rich for our taste.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a great place for italian, friendly staff, great chocolate cheesecake for dessert. The lasagna was really good, fresh pasta and lots of sauce.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The place is close to all hotels, casino and attractions. Great landscaping, good service and mediocre food. If you have to eat try it!! Go as far away from the falls as you can to find good food.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Right from the start it was bad. Two hosts out front-didn't acknowledge us and attitude when we asked to see a menu. Horribly loud band playing so we left-they stopped as soon as we walked away. We came back and sat at the bar. Two Asian men sitting there-no one else. Manager acknowledged us walking in and brought us menus. Bartender says "what do you want?" A hello would be nice. Ethnic looking man with curly locks of hair. We ordered a beer, salad and pizza. A few minutes later I decided I would like a drink as well, yet I cannot find the bartender. The two Asian men are looking for refills of beer also. Then I notice the bartender scarfing down a meal at the table behind me. He sends an obviously young server who doesn't know how to bartender to cover. He then gets up and begrudgingly pours some beers and goes back to his meal. No hand washing. GROSS. I don't want a beer. I decide to stick with the water. Now, our food. I ask for salt and pepper only to get them slammed down. They hadn't been filled or cleaned in days. The salt looked like it had insects in it. A horribly unimaginative Caprese salad. Thick chunks of tomato, too much basil and pesto, swimming in balsamic. The pizza wasn't even cooked-the dough was pasty. Here's the best part-I ate my meal without a napkin because I dropped it and no one was around for to ask about another. By the time we left the WHOLE staff was eating behind us. I am the GM of a restaurant, so I completely understand long shifts and needing a meal after getting killed for hours. I also understand guest perception. This looks horrible and the guests aren't getting the service they want. The two Asian men sent the server covering the bartender for the pizza they had ordered. They were done waiting. The cherry on the sundae, the same two hosts out front when we leave standing there talking. My guest, also 'in the biz' stops and turns back to them after we are gone and says "Thank you and have a good night." They stop talking to say "bye" and go back to talking. Completely didn't acknowledge us again. HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! In the end I quipped it reminded of the movie 'My Cousin Vinny's' when I said the place runs like a tire stuck in the mud. It just keeps spinning because they will always get people in...they just won't get them back.

1  Thank Jamie V
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Not a typical Italian restaurant at all. This venue seems to be managed by Greek staff that try to be Italian. The food in my opinion was average. I went for the Haddock and my partner the salmon, both average in taste and quality. We went in the evening and there was some nice live music playing outside which created a nice ambience but none the less we felt this place could have been much better from a food and experience perspective.

1  Thank ElClassico2014