“simply awesome”

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“simply awesome”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just finished a Valentines day dinner there. Food was great but the service shone! Kudos to a barmaid named Amy! Thx folks. Roccos Rocks.

• Visited February 2013

“Once again a great choice”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family was in niagara for a ball tournament and decided for a quick meal. We decided to return to Johnny Rococos, because we truley enjoyed the food last time. Even though it was a busy Thursday night we were sat and greeted promptly, our tapas were hot and fabulous, and Tracey our server was funny and attentive. Over all great service and food. We'll be back!!

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Staff needs a lesson on etiquette”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Would have to agree with another review, crowded and noisey. Too crowded, packed in like sardines. Servers and patrons kept banging into my husband when they walked by, as they did to the patron next to us, so much so the other patron finally asked to be moved. We went for Tapas, but unfortunarely discovered this was only available on Thursdays. So we came up with plan B and placed our orders. The complimentary bread came to the table with only olive oil, no balsamic vinegar, huh--and this is an Italian restaurant? So I asked for it, the waiter seemed surprised, odd I thought. The waiter seemed set on calling us something each time he visited our table. For example, me "mam", and my husband "boss", me "hon" and my husband "dude", etc. Dinner was good, average, not quite as flavorful as I had expected. Waiter checked on us several times, which was good, but unfortunately, each time he insisted on using a new, somewhat inappropriate salutation. But the clencher was when he came to pick up the plates and I handed him mine. He turns to my husband and says, "ah chief you got a good chick here." So, so ridiculous I caught the look of shock on my husbands face. We left and it was certainly the topic of discussion for days. My husband said that due to the poor seating alone he would not want to return. A little pricey for what you get.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sandra0917
Hamilton, Canada
“NOT Italian”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Yuck - from the moment we walked in we thought we might be in the wrong place for a nice dinner. The place was soooo noisy and jammed with people - we sat for over 20 mins waiting to be served! Terrible. When the front door opened (which was a lot) the freezing cold air blew right down the rows of tables! Maybe if you went with a gang of people and could add to the noise level, it would have been a bit better. As for the overpriced meals, we've eaten a lot of authentic Italian food and this was NOT Italian food. Bland, bland, bland tasting food - watery tomato sauce - where's the garlic/spices?? The only true Italian thing was Sinatra (when you could actually hear it!). There are just so many other places to spend your money in this area - find someplace else and don't waste your time.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Goalie50
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten-free pizza crust and pasta”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Offered Gluten-free pizza crust and pasta. Friendly staff, but slow service. Pizza tasted good. Kids meals were fine.

Visited January 2013