“A Great Place to Eat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Ranked #69 of 549 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beamsville, Canada
“A Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We often make the trip to Betty's Restaurant with friends or by ourselves. We've been there for breakfast, lunch ,supper or brunch. The food is terrific (love the lemon meringue pie). The service is always friendly and prompt. There are specials on the menu. We have made Betty's one of our restaurants of choice.

• Visited March 2014

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised at Betty's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Last time in at Betty's I was not very pleased with service I received from a server; not allowing substitutions and not allowing a breakfast item at about the time of the cut-off time even though the restaurant was dead. This time we had a different server with a slight French Canadian lilt to her accent. She was quite accommodating, efficient, friendly and her service was exemplary. What a difference she made. I've discovered at Betty's the service seems to be highly dependent upon who is serving you, whether it is in the dining room or at the front reception.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ciaran49
Toronto
“Niagara Falls, there's hope for you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I love Niagara Falls (the natural wonder - the falls themselves), but I hate Niagara Falls (the casino, the kitsch, the scuz, Clifton Hill, etc.). Until my most recent trip to the Falls, the thing I hated most in Niagara Falls was eating. Perkins, Applebee's, TGI Fridays, and other higher end chain restaurants like the Keg that are good in other towns but happen to suck in Niagara - those were the options. Or, you get a dining credit through a hotel and still end up paying a ridiculous amount for a meal that's average at best...

Well, through the magic of the Internet, we found out about Betty's - approximately 10 minutes south of Niagara Falls in the town of Chippewa, on the unfortunately named Sodom Road. Betty's serves up comfort food made from scratch - fresh baked roles, homemade soups, excellent fish and chips, the turkey special, which included homemade cranberry sauce and stuffing. The kids menu also had some great choices. The highlight of the evening was the lemon meringue pie, which was the best I've tasted, and made at Betty's, of course.

Lots of space in the dining room, nice and clean and extremely family friendly. There's something on the menu for everyone (less so for Vegetarian's, but who cares about them). Betty's has changed my opinion of Niagara Falls dining. We went back for breakfast the next morning - which was cheap, filling and tasty.

Again, this is not gourmet food - no James Beard or Bocuse D'or awards will be won here. This is cheap, honest, fresh, filling food.

• Visited March 2014
St. Catharines
“I agree”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been going to this establishment for many years now. Five generations of my family have eaten there since the place opened. Iit has been a favourite. However over the last while things have seemed to deteriorate a bit -- I have experienced their waitresses as being short and sometimes unaccommodating. I agree that substitutions are frequently not considered. I have some diet constraints and therefore cannot eat everything exactly as it is set out on the menu. I need to go to a place where sometimes I can change the contents of the order, Therefore is it mandatory for substitutions. As for the lunch ending at 2:00 p.m. and refusing to serve omelettes five minutes after that time -- once again accommodations need to be made. It is important to remember that a restaurant is a service industry -- yes I can see if it has been a half hour or so but if someone has made the effort to get there and misses it by a few minutes, certainly some exceptions can be made. I will still eat at Betty's - it is a family tradition -- but maybe they need to look at their staffing policies - some of their waitresses need perhaps to receive further training.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Sonnyschultz
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Flexibility is key to success/loyalty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This restaurant specializes in comfort food, particularly fish and chips. They are open for breakfast though and do offer other menu items. I find the service is sometimes lacking with certain servers (not all). Some do not tell us what the specials are when we are seated at the table. Minor substitutions are not permitted such as a baked potato instead of mashed potatoes. I have requested spaghetti noodles instead of penne to have the waitress reply that spaghetti is only served on Tuesdays. Is she serious with this? I asked her to check in the kitchen to see if they could prepare some spaghetti noodles for me; she agreed and they would. Responding to a customer's minor requests should be second nature. Today we found ourselves there at 2:05pm, although our watches read 2:00pm. We wanted to order the Deluxe Omelettes but were told that breakfast is over at 2:00pm. How arbitrary. Our next choice was to order an entrée and split it. The restaurant would have made more money had we ordered the two omelettes. It was not busy and this kind of unbending, abrupt service makes you think twice about making the trip there when other options are available. It's not that great. The server did not return very often to see if needed coffee or other items. A 15 percent tip was not in order here.

• Visited February 2014