“Home-cooking with atmosphere”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Ranked #62 of 579 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Discovered this out-of-the-way restaurant by following a local resident's recommendation.
Tastefully decorated clustered dining areas , creating a quiet "intimate" atmosphere, and tables decked in white tablecloths. Well-lit and attractively landscaped exterior in a residential neighborhood. It features well-prepared tasty food, reasonable prices, home-baked pies, and a
very friendly staff .

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Tucked a little out of the way of the main drag on the way into Niagra Falls is a fairly large resaurant called Betty's. Our guides had tired many places in the falls finding them expensive and lack lustre then found Betty's and now go no where else it is easy to see why.

From the warmest welcome through the excellent overall service and good standard of food this was a hit with our whole party which included ages 9 to 55 with some fuss pots. Servings are large so be hungry, but it is all fresh, well presented and very nice. The desserts especially shine as this can be an area where places drop the ball - not so here. All desserts I managed to sample were great - even the lemon meringue nicely tart and sky high.

Well recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A geat home style restauarnt with an extensive menu. It is the palce to go for fish and chips in the Niagara Region

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This past Easter Sunday we went for brunch at this restaurant, we have eaten a few times and never had any disappointments, however this Sunday was a major disappointment, food was rather cold, some not cooked properly other over cooked, the fried fish they had was swimming in oil.
Hoping this was just a bad Sunday to go for brunch, we will give it a try again based on the previous visits we had for breakfast, brunch and dinner.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We came here for Easter dinner with a very large group of 16 people - 13 adults and 3 children. I have to say I was very impressed. I've eaten here before, and always found the food to my liking. It's good, home-cooked type stuff. Bettys is known mostly for fish and chips, but it has a good variety. On this stop I decided to have the steak dinner - a 10 ounce New York strip with scalloped potatoes and beans. I have no complaints about any of it. The steak was perfectly cooked, just as I asked, and the potatoes and beans were fine as well. Bettys is famous for lemon meringue pie (with heaping meringue on top.) Unfortunately I'm not really big on lemon meringue pie. I do, however, like coconut cream pie, so I ordered that. Again - very good. The food was top notch as far as I'm concerned. What really impressed me was the service, though. The waitresses were friendly and willing to joke around, and handled our large group (divided into 6 different bills) very efficiently. There was no preset menu (you know, our group could choose from among 3 meals, or something like that.) We ordered whatever we wanted off the regular menu, and the service was fast and the portions were good. The 3 children all seemed to enjoy their meals. My daughter cleaned up a whole heaping plate of penne, when she usually leaves at least some behind. The place is very child-friendly. It was an altogether enjoyable visit. There's nothing I would really criticize.