“Overpriced mediocre food, served slowly and with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Frontier Restaurant - CLOSED

Frontier Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wyandotte, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced mediocre food, served slowly and with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We recently (July 23, 2010) went to the Frontier Grill House for dinner while travelling with our youth rowing team, and the meal was one of the most disappointing I've had in a long time. I'll start with the high prices, most of the entrees were near or over $20. A side note that they don't allow you to order items on their 'lunch' menu, which includes a hamburger and other grill basics. So I ordered the $21 (approx.) 'two chicken breasts' with baked potato. While we waited almost an hour for our food, we were provided no bread or other fillers, and minimal attention like drink refills. My food that showed up was pretty sad - the two chicken pieces (while tasting pretty good) had less combined meat than one normal chicken breast, the baked potato was laughably small and dried up, and the veggies were minimal. The pasta dish some other people ordered looked OK and was a better portion size, but we all endured the long wait and minimal service. The restaurant was not busy, I don't know what was going on. There are very few dining choices in the area, the main reason we went to the Frontier, but I strongly recommend driving elsewhere.

1 Thank tc48192

Cincinnati
“Worst food experience on our entire vacation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

This restauarant is listed as a close by choice by the Hampton Inn Nort of the Falls, but I wouldn't consider it. The furniture is all stained and the tables are worn. The service is awful, the food even worse. A 12 oz. prime rib is 5 oz. od pure fat and it's all over priced. Avoid this place like the plague.

Hamilton,ON
“Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

Wow! The best steak that I ever ate! Larry Morrison is a superb chef.

1 Thank tourmalinebeach
niagara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

we were staying at the hampton inn,and decided to go for dinner at the restaurant up the street ,frontier grillhouse ,very nice place servers were very attentive and knowledgable at what the chef was serving ,so colourful and tasty 4 stars ,they have great specials,2can dine 32.99 includes soup or salad fantastic,will definetly return,and reccomend.

1 Thank diner1Niagara
niagara
“Best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2008

We were staying at the Days Inn North of the Falls and decided to try the restaurant on the premises THE FRONTIER GRILLHOUSE decor was nice service was very good but the food stole the show my husband ordered the rack of lamb and I ordered the filet both medium perfectly cooked and the vegetables were to die for we had three different kinds cooked differently the garlic whipped potato was shaped like a pear and breaded. We also had the french onion soup fabulous.

WE WILL DEFINETLY RETURN EVEN IF IT IS JUST FOR DINNER