“Special restaurant for a special night”

Casa Mia Ristorante
Ranked #24 of 587 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Niagara's best Local Italian Restaurant centrally located between NOTL and Niagara Falls. Complimentry shuttle to and from your hotel conveniently gets you to this 25 year local favourite eating establishment.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

A special day was capped off by a meal at this restaurant .
The service and food were A1.
My only complaint was that we had a reservation and were behind a couple who didn't have one. They got placed in a private 2 sweater by the wall. Meanwhile, we were sited about 2 feet from another couple. Bothered me but not my companion.

1  Thank pnicol

Reviewed June 10, 2014

It's nit close to anything but they will pay a one way taxi. This isnt Italian comfort pasta but very good upscale Italian. Calamari-shrimp appetizer was the best. My wife had veal and it was excellent. My cannelloni was also great. Service was very good but were there very early. Wish they had lazagne but oh well.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

A ten minute cab ride which the restaurant pays for (don't forget to tip your driver).

We lucked out and went on Wednesday night, which is date night, $59 for two people. We didn't know; it just happened.

Food is good. Great martini. Excellent and reasonable international wine list.

We liked everything about it.

2  Thank PSGumby
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The first thing I learned by eating at this restaurant is something that most people will never learn - it will be worth your while to leave "the strip" along the falls and go into town. Our concierge suggested this place and, even though we had our own car, the restaurant would provide a free taxi both to and from the restaurant.
We arrived and were greeted by Nancy who was both our hostess and our waitress. She was great. She treated us as though we were in her home. Nancy informed us that the restaurant was owned and operated by a mother and her two sons. The mother and one son did all the cooking, with obvious attention to detail. We ordered the special dinner for two, at a rather steep price of $119.00 It included, however, some specially baked bread for starters. Then she served us a fantastic salad, garnished with crunchy shoe string potatoes, with an oil and vinaigrette salad. Then we were served ravioli and veal Parmesan, followed by four giant flayed shrimp. Then came a chicken stuffed with asparagus which was delicious. This was all topped off by a strawberry flambe desert, prepared at our table.

I just can't say enough for this meal. We had the Cabernet/merlot house wine, which was also very good. Nancy even threw in some chicken noodle soup (which we didn't need but enjoyed nevertheless.) The meal was expensive (but not as expensive as the previous night at the hotel in Niagara, which was definitely not as good.)

Go into downtown Niagara. It was worth it!

2  Thank lawprof3
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were in Niagara Falls on a friends anniversary and highly enjoyed our stay. One of the very good restaurants we went to was the Casa Mia. We were there on Sunday evening and were a little worried at first because there was only one other large party there. We ordered a round of drinks. Good but expensive. Then we ordered the Fixed dinner menu. We had a cup of chicken soup that was very good and was very tasty. The Salad was nothing any good restaurant wouldn't serve. I did not care for the dressing felt it tasteless. We were serve a brochette dish that was exceptional! We also had bread that definitely was not up to the good Italian bread I am used to having. The entrée was plentiful and superb especially the Veal Parm which was the best I have ever eaten. Next time I would order only the veal parm dish it was so owsome. The Ravioli were two delicious and big. They were perfect with this mean loved them. Next was 5 beautiful sized grilled shrimp. They were good. Last was the Rolled chicken breast stuffed with Asparagras and very flavorful cheese. This dish was my least favorite. The chicken was not sliced thin and seemed to be just a rolled up chicken breast. The dinner was finished up with a strawberry flambé over vanilla ice cream with a Sambuca sauce. The price was a little high but the quality was very good.