All reviewswest wingother guestsview roomriver roadb b'seach morningbus stopjet tubyogurtminute walk to the fallsmini fridgerainbow bridgefree parkingclifton hillleeniagarahosts
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If you're planning a vacation to Niagara Falls, and you're trying to decide between a hotel and a B&B, go with this B&B and you'll have a much better experience than with any hotel!

We went with a bed and breakfast because the reviews were better than the hotels, and it was the best decision we ever made! We haven't stayed at a B&B before, but we've stayed in some very high-end hotels that couldn't measure up to this place! The only mistake we made was booking this place for three nights and the new Doubletree for our last night. We would have been much better off staying here all four nights! The Doubletree was half as good for twice the price!

FIrst of all, don't buy off on the idea that you have to stay "close to the Falls." The area close to the Falls is an overcrowded, touristy, noisy and overpriced "zoo." The B&Bs are right on the people mover route. The people mover can get you to the Falls in just a few minutes. The B&Bs are far enough away that you can enjoy some peace and quiet, but still pretty close to the Falls area. Accommodations Niagara was spotlessly clean, quiet and relaxing. A bonus is that parking is free, whereas if you come by car you'll pay big bucks to park at one of the "fallsview" hotels. We flew into Toronto and rented a car, but we left it at the B&B nearly the whole time. The people mover bus can get you anywhere you want to go. You'll need a car if you want to drive out to Niagara on the Lake and tour the winemaking region. We did that one day and we had a fantastic time! I would highly recommend it!

Lee, the owner, is incredibly friendly and will take the time to tell you everything you need to know about the area. I can imagine he's heard the same questions thousands of times, but he's still gracious to answer them all with a smile! The rooms are nice and each has its own private bath. They aren't quite as large as a typical hotel room but they're more comfortable. Our bed was wonderful and we slept like babies every night! We stayed in the Riverview Room, which I would highly recommend, even though you really can't see the River from the room. It faces the road, but the noise was minimal. If you have the fan running on the window unit you won't hear a thing. The only thing I would mention is that if you're a large person, you may find the shower in this room a bit tight. There is at least one other room with a bigger shower. This room has a separate, jetted tub which, unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy.

The best part of all is breakfast! Absolutely the best breakfast ever! Lee is an amazing chef! He even made eggs benedict one day and actually made it right, unlike some places I've been. Fantastic! You'll be stuffed but happy after breakfast! We found that we didn't need to eat again until evening! Another note, if you're early risers you should be forewarned that breakfast is at 9:00. This worked OK for us, but if that's late for you then take some snacks to tide you over. Don't skip it, you'll regret it! Save some room for the "dessert." Lee makes some kind of baked item every day. The banana bread is to die for! He also made muffins, scones, etc.

Stay here, you absolutely will not regret it! If you found this review helpful, be sure to give me a helpful vote! I try to be thorough with my reviews because I've gotten so much from the reviews of others, and I want to pay it forward. Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong! If you have the patience to read through enough of the reviews you can always get a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Room Tip: We looked at all the rooms while we were there, and I don't think you could miss with any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Missionman52
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Accomodations Niagara was the first stop for us on a long road trip through Canada. The owner Lee was an absolute delight to be around and let me tell you, that man can cook! Our wonderful breakfast started with fresh fruit and yogurt with some oats in top, then he brought out huge platters of fresh pancakes, sausages and potatoes, all of which was wonderful and my family and I were absolutely stuffed. Then, for a little something sweet with our meal, he brought out fresh muffins and melon, all of which was served with hot coffee, tea, juice and milk and all served by Lee. The rooms were beautifully appointed and very clean, each with a fireplace and whirlpool tub. Each room had a coffee pot, microwave and fridge, too.

For the rest of our trip, we will be comparing all other B&B's to Accommodations Niagara and they certainly have a lot to live up to.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Lee was the best host we could ever have asked for. Our trip was a surprise to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday. Lee went above and beyond to make sure we felt at home and made the day special. Each day our breakfast so was so special; three courses for breakfast is unheard of at other B & B's that we have stayed at previously! We are already planning our return trip and will not stay any where else but with Lee.

Room Tip: We didn't need a pool or fitness center. Each day we walked to the falls! Each room had central air plus a window unit however, weather was perfect as well.
1  Thank sjjordan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Lee was amazing!! Felt like home and we were so welcome. He went above and beyond anything i would traditionally expect from a typical B&B. He was not just an innkeeper he was family. He truly cared about us and breakfast was AWESOME!!!!! What an amazing cook, host, and friend. Will come here again very soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Lee is an excellent and convivial host. His B&B is exceptional! Breakfast is a feast for the eyes as well as the palate, leave room for the final course. The rooms are exceptionally clean and attention to detail is paramount. This is a wonderful B&B and would highly recommend you stay with Lee and his labor of love.

Tom & Pat O'C.