“Great rates, GreatService, Clean, Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Niagara Falls, ON
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
asheville n.c.
“Great rates, GreatService, Clean, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

My wife and i stayed 2 nights. From the maintenance guy to the maids everyone was friendly and helpful. Free parking ,complimentary continental breakfast and good location all ad up to a winner. The only negative comment was the young couple next door who were going at it pretty good. i guess i am just jealous that i don't get to moan like that young lady. This is not the hotels fault as I am sure she could be heard to the end of the hallway.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007
7 Thank denni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Thanks to TripAdvisor (you guys rock!), I was able to research all the hotels in this area for our recent visit to the Falls area. I picked this hotel based on fellow travelers reviews, compared to more expensive hotels in the area. I also based my hotel choice on value and property amenities and was pleased to find both met our expectations. The hotel is brand new - just opened - so it has that new feeling and is just so inviting. Our room was a bit smallish (for 2 adults and 3 kids under 5), but we managed. Upon check-in, I confirmed a playpen to be available and was told by the desk that they would have to check. I told them that I just called the 800# to verify a crib would be there and they said it would - but the front desk wasn't sure there was one and acted like they didn't know about it. Well, they made a call to check on it. The cookies at the desk were awesome- I think I made several "detours" by the front desk to help myself throughout the trip - the cookies were for the kids, of course. . . Anyways, by the time we got upstairs, housekeeping was dropping our crib off in the room - it was maybe a matter of minutes - Excellent service! We loved the bedding - they have these new THICK comforters that were just sooo....well...comfortable! Mattresses were excellent. Did not like the inability to control room temp by way of fan. The fan only kicked in when the A/C was on - I'd like to have a fresh air / Fan only setting, but that was minor - the room was chilled to our liking. We used the pool and jacuzzi. However, the pool was not heated - it felt very cold, so our kids really didn't go too much. Also, there was a sign posted next to the pool that said bathers had to shower with soap before/after entering the pool - no biggie - except there was NO SOAP around!? ? !?? The FREE breakfast was very good for a family w/3 kids. There were waffles, boiled eggs, bread/bagels, full condiments, cereal, granola bars, yogurts, juice, milk, coffee, and tea. So we were pleased that we didn't have to go anywhere for breakfast and spend extra $$$. The parking was also FREE, which is rare for a Canadian hotel. The walk to the Falls area was only about 10 minutes in either direction, with plenty of sights close by.
All in all, we had a very nice stay, and wished we could've stayed longer. Next time, we will get a larger room. We are DEFINITELY coming back! The only reason this did not get an EXCELLENT rating was because of the pool being cold, lack of soap at the pool, and manual FAN setting on the A/C.

• Liked — very good beds, comforters, free parking, free breakfast
  • Disliked — pool was not heated, no great views of the tourist district-not a biggie though
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
7 Thank rocyomama
Toronto, Ontaio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Book by phone and I'm told my rate would be $235 incl. tax. I confirmed it twice with the person on the phone. I show up to the hotel and I'm told that my rate is $300. I argue that my rate quoted was much cheaper for quite some time. I was then told I have the option to leave!? You would think that a company in the hospitality industry would take some responsibility for there mistakes! So last minute on Canada day weekend I figure I’m out of options. I take the room. I tell the gentleman that I’m a caa member but I don't have my card. He says I need it to get the discount. I say I’ll gladly confirm over the phone that I’m a CAA member. He says I can take care of it in the morning. Next morning I go to get my CAA discount they say it’s impossible to give me the discount, must be done upon check in. I tell them I was told I could get the discount upon checkout, they denied it. You would think after they have an unhappy customer (due to there own mistake) they would compromise a bit, but they didn’t. At this point I’m absolutely outraged! I literally feel conned. I ask to speak to the manager, it turns out to be the same jerk who checked me in (the guy who wouldn’t give me my room for what I was quoted on, and the same guy who told me I could get my CAA discount upon check out). Of course the manager denies saying I could get my CAA discount upon checkout, and of course tells me he can do nothing about my bad experience at the hotel. He also tells me I signed the authorization for the charge to my credit card so I have no case to dispute the charge. I leave the hotel just absolutely steaming! I literally felt like I was a victim of a scam. I then call the country inn an suites hotline asking to speak to some sort of authority figure. They tell me that each hotel is franchised. I have to go to each individual owner. So I intend to write a letter to the owner. I call the owner and ask for the owners name. They inform me that the owner is the same manager (the same jerk who checked me in) who I had been dealing with!!! I almost puked when I heard this.

I expect this type of service from a 1 star sleezy motel. Not from a hotel that is ranked number 1 on trip advisor. I’m not a violent guy, but when I was leaving this hotel I was so tempted to do something bad!

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank theone4355
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

We stayed one night at the Country Inn & Suites. It was the first time we had tried a hotel in the chain. The price was very good for Niagara Falls. The hotel was right across the street from Casino Niagara and only a few minutes walk from the falls. Also, the parking was free. This hotel just opened earlier in the year and so everything was still in good shape. Even though we couldn't see the falls, we were able look out a window at the end of the hallway and see the fireworks over the falls. The free breakfast is not quite up to the level of the ones at Holiday Inn Express but it was OK. We will definitely stay in more hotels of this chain.

• Stayed August 2007
6 Thank newgeezer
Wood-Ridge, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

This is a very new and clean hotel with rooms less expensive than most of the flea-bag hotels in Niagara Falls. It has no restaurant, just a breakfast room with cont. breakfast, but there's a Perkins one block away if you want a more complete meal. The indoor pool is very nice. Within easy walking distance of Clifton Hill and the Maid of the Mist, but in a nice quiet area. Free parking. Only the suites have refrigerators, but AAA discount is only available on the regular rooms. It didn't matter though, the non-AAA rate on the suite was still cheaper than most lesser hotels. My family was VERY satisfied with this nice hotel, as I was with the price.

• Liked — price, cleanliness, free parking
  • Disliked — no restaurant
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank rodyk
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

Great Hotel- Great location. Staff at reception was great and more than helpful.
Room was spacious, clean and quite luxiourious.
Hotel was still quite good value for money for the area.
The real difference here was the high quality of the staff!!!

Stayed August 2007
6 Thank Froglet
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

Clean, neat, orderly and friendly. All adjectives you want to hear about a hotel and the Country Inns and Suites matches all those terms. It was within a 10-minute walking distance of the falls and the local attractions and restaurants that appeal to kids. The breakfasts were satisfactory and although did not provide the variety as other Country Inns I've visited, the food was good and plenty. Easy to locate, once you've crossed the NY-Canada border. I would give this place 5 stars but our showerhead was quite weak and marred what would otherwise have been a perfect stay. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family for their visit to this area!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family