“50th anniversary trip”

Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reston, Virginia
“50th anniversary trip”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Excellent accommodations and service. Well located amidst Niagara Falls, ON activities. Daily parking fee of $8 was a surprise, but reasonable given the deal on the hotel room price. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rtbenjamin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pratt
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Country Inn and Suites was FANTASTIC. When we arrived we were welcomed and had a quick check-in. We had a room on the 6th floor that had a nice view. We had a suite with a comfortable king size bed. The fridge came in handy.
We were within walking distance of many attractions and when stopping in the shops everyone was friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was filling and plentiful.
Yes, they have an $8 parking fee but it was well worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittll
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I culled through a thousand online reviews and hotels to find a good mix of value and cleanliness, what we found was a good solid deal, comfortable rooms, good service, good breakfast, we were very happy and would definitely return! It's a short enough walk from the hotels that were twice the price, and the Sandstone Grill next door was great. We were very happy!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank George P
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel, there had been a mix up with our rooms. The lady on reception was very helpful and managed to solve the problem. After this, we had a lovely stay at this hotel. The room we had was a suite, with a fridge which suited us very well. Breakfast was plentiful with hot and cold options, included waffles!
The location of this hotel was ideal for the Falls. It was a 10 minute walk (at the most). We enjoyed visiting both the Canadian and American side of the Falls. We would particularly recommend the Cave of the Winds on the American side as the views of the Falls from there were spectacular.
Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gemma105
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent the weekend at the hotel and we both enjoyed our stay. We had a jettub room with a king size bed, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The reception desk was helpful and friendly, and the hotel was close to everything we wanted to see (never used the car).
If I was to complain about anything it would have to be about the wifi, it seemed quite slow. Other then that both my girlfriend and I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'd say this property is very good but not up to par with the gorgeous Country Inn & Suites that I stayed at in Tucson, AZ. The room was clean and beds were super-comfortable, but the carpet was a bit stained and worn looking. The breakfast was okay but they are super-cheap and don't keep the honey out for budget reasons. In addition, the tea & coffee in the lobby was constantly running out and the tea water was cold. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I was very happy with my stay despite these minor disturbances.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mozisluv
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. I will never stay at this hotel again!
The staff was rude! The rooms were dirty! and the pool, parking lot and breakfast is actually shared with the rundown flee infested motel next door.
Because of this, the pool and parking lot was always packed with the shady people from the motel and be prepared to wait inline with people that shower once a month if you want breakfast.
I kept waking up in the middle of the night to check and make sure that my car wasn't stolen!

I prepaid online for the room and parking but at checkout they decided to add on another $30 of hidden fees and taxes. I ALREADY PAID THE TAXED WHEN I BOOKED THE ROOM! WHY AM I FORCED TO PAY TAXES TWICE!!!
The people a the front desk were rude and had no reasonable explanation for the charges (Told me I should have read the fine print better)

And as for the cherry on top, I was suppose to receive a promo code/gift card towards amazon as part of their online booking promotion.
A few week went by and no gift card so I E-Mailed them to find out whats going on?
I received a response a week later advising that they were sorry about not sending it and that they were working on getting it to me right away.
After about two weeks of waiting, they finally responded and told me that they can no longer honer the amazon promotion nor did they offer me a substitute?!?!?!?!?!

My wife and I usually go down to Niagara Falls on a monthly basis and trust me when I say this,
there are way better option out there!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Roman K
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Niagara Falls, ON, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback online.

We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Comments such as yours only help us improve our service and facilities which has been forwarded to the appropriate management at the hotel to look into further.

If you would like to discuss other concerns of your stay more in depth, please feel free to call our toll free Customer Care department.

Regards,