“Winter Haven Honeymoon at the Falls” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

You added Sterling Inn & Spa to your Saves list
Sterling Inn & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5195 Magdalen Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3S6, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Room Upgrade/Wine Voucher
Ranked #3 of 135 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cleveland, Ohio
“Winter Haven Honeymoon at the Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at the Sterling Inn for 3 nights on the first leg of of winter honeymoon and it was perfect with the falls only a short walk away. The hotel provided the perfect resting spot after an exhausting but wonderful wedding weekend. Our suite included a king size bed with a perfect view of the flat screen and fireplace, a jacuzzi tub and a rain shower with massaging jets and a spacious living room with a leather couch, tv and mood lighting. The room was clean, with a modern but cozy flair. Inside the room it was very quite - even hard to hold a conversation between the bathroom and bedroom. The chambermaid was very kind to adjust her cleaning around out afternoon naps -easy to do after a fantastic complimentary breakfast in bed (great tea and croissants). We ordered great AG restaurant room service - I recommend the local sauvigon blanc. The golden keys conseirge, Andre, took such great care of us that we felt like celebraties. We didn't leave the hotel much but when we did, he always sent us in the right direction.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I decided to surprise my husband with an early Valentines Day getaway at the Stirling as we heard much about it from friends and from the local advertising. They had a great pkg. deal on where you got to stay in a traditional king suite and had dinner included at their fabulous restaurant, AG Inspired Cuisine. Although the area where the hotel is located isn't the prettiest, it was within walking distance to Clifton Hill and the Falls. The room was ultra modern, and large, with a steam shower unit in ours ( others had a jacuzzi tub). The bed was super comfortable and lots of cable channels to choose from. The decor in the restaurant had a swanky feel to it and the meal itself ( in-season, locally produced ingredients) was incredible and superbly presented. The wait staff were excellent as well.
Being local to the area, we know what the hotels and restaurants can be like in the Falls- sometimes tacky and cheesy. However this hotel truly lives up to its "Boutique Hotel" designation and it was really fun to play "tourist" in our own backyard at a decent place! Another great thing about it was the fact that the next morning a yummy continental breakfast was served- in bed! All you do is just write on the card the night before when you want breakfast the next morning and leave it on your door before 8pm. The breakfast goodies of pastries, quiche, yogurt, cheese, meat, fruit and juice/coffee were delivered on time, delicious, and hit the spot!

If you're coming to the Falls, want to stay at a really nice place, and don't mind splurging a bit, then this place is for you! Check out their package rates as well - they often have really great specials!

1 Thank Lushiss74
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

This place is wonderful and cozy. My husband and I went for my birthday for 2 night escape package.It's well worth a money..Loved breakfast in bed, loved robes in the evenings, nicely decorated..:)
We did try restaurant they have on site it was beautiful, food excellent.
Would recommend the hotel and restaurant.
The spa...hmmmmmmmmm where to I start?
To make a long story short, I had a gift certificate that I wanted to use, tried to get a hold of someone for over a 5 weeks, first couple of weeks no respond, i then tried emailing again no respond, i tried email again and they did respond with how much my gift certificate is worth? that was it.I responded and no answer..No email or phone call. I waited for a week when I got fed up with I emailed back being very upset,since I'm working in the spa industry myself it was ridiculous to me to have a client wait for 5 weeks to get some answers..they did respond after I complained giving me a $30.00 off...eheheh funny how they got my emails and responded right after. :) I wasn't so desperate and $30.00 would definitely won't do, Its the fact that I waited for so long and kind of looking forward to this whole weekend getaway, I decided to go to other spa instead where they treat their clients right and I had an amazing body treatment..
Found out later that the person who owns the spa does not pay their staff, I could of just imagine what kind of service would I receive..No thank you...no offense to people working there but the whole idea from very beginning wasn't sitting right with me.
So as for the spa, I would not recommend, as a matter of fact I will try to spread the word around since they really don't know how to deal and treat clientele.
Other than that, hotel is wonderful...:)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a couple nights with my girlfriend and it was great. It was walking distance like 5 minutes or less to clifton hill and to fallsview casino is was maybe 10-15 minute walk. Room was very large, bathroom was huge with a large shower and a huge jacuzzi tub that takes like 20 minutes just to fill up with water. Bed was nice and large, you get nice sheets and a great comforter. Stayed in a room on the lower floor and it was very spacious. I got the package with the dinner and breakfast in bed for two nights and the dinner was very high class and was okay. I am kind of a plain eater and it was a little extravagant but many people will like it. Private setting and great service. Liked getting the breakfast in bed, but it would have been nice to see an option on how you like your eggs. Only complaint my girlfriend had was the bed was a tiny bit uncomfortable to sleep in, other than that it was great.

However Niagra isn't much during the week in the Winter and I wont go back to Niagra falls in the winter again, save it for the summer or 1 night max. Were not really gamblers.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Wonderful staff, bedroom was large with a couch and amazing hot tub!! Loved the shower. My favorite. Nice walking distance to many attractions. Room was clean and modern with a lovely fireplace.

• Stayed July 2010
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

My girlfriend and I drove 6 hours from Brockville, Ontario to spend a weekend at the Sterling Inn. Upon arrival we checked into our unit on the top floor and noticed a very loud vibrating, that was so strong it was shaking the bed. We called the front desk and a half hour later a their service technician came up, looked around, put his ear to a few walls, and said he wasn't sure what was causing it. Upon inspection, it turned out to be an exhaust fan on the roof, that was either improperly balanced, or did not have a vibration isolation pad.

The clerk at the front desk mentioned that this had been a problem before, and they could probably no longer rent the room out. We asked to be moved to a different room and were told none were available. They did not offer us any discount, a free meal, or anything what so ever. We wouldnt have taken it, as it would have been impossible to sleep, but at least it would have been nice to hear that they were sorry and would at least try to make up for it. I reminded the clerk we had driven 6 hours to come to this hotel, and the best he could offer was a 'sorry' and take it or leave it. We left and drove home, what a waste.

I was very upset at their extremely poor service in handling this problem, as well as their knowledge of this problem long beforehand. I emailed the hotel the following week explaining what happened, hoping the hotel woudl save face, however, I did not receive a response.

This hotel is very small with only a handful of rooms, the likelihood of someone receiving the vibrating room is pretty high. I would recommend people stay away from this property.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank Culture187
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I loved the modern decor, the room was HUGE & so was the shower! Cookies on our pillow, a continental breakfast for 2 served to our door in the am. The restaurant was AMAZING!!! and very fancy/romantic. I'd highly recommend this place. Clifton hill was within eye shot and only a block or 2 away. The service we experinced was top notch. I will be looking forward to trying thier spa services in the near future.

• 3 of 5 stars