“Perfect for a Quiet, Romantic Getaway.”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Waterloo ON
“Perfect for a Quiet, Romantic Getaway.”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I spent two nights, three days at the Sterling Inn & Spa for a birthday getaway. We loved our stay at the Sterling Inn & Spa and would highly recommend considering this gem of a hotel for your next stay in Niagara Falls. The hotel is a converted old factory and has been tastefully restored with moden decor, while maintaining old elements; if the idea of staying in a trendy loft-style mini apartment, then the suites will certainly appeal to you.

Upon arrival, we had a quick check in with no hassles. Our suite was on the second floor and it was beautiful; the room was very spacious with hardwood floors, wooden beams on the ceiling, romantic soft lamps all around the room to adjust the lighting to be as bright or as dim as you wish, a gas fireplace at the foot of the four post king-sized bed, a comfortable chaise, flat screen TV, mini wet bar (two tall glasses, a sink, an empty fridge - so you may bring your own snacks and beverages), and abstract artwork cover the walls. Two bathrobes were provided, which made the room even more comfortable and you are able to adjust the air conditioning to your own personal comfort level.

The oversized bathroom was probably my favourite feature - moden tapestry, an oversized two-person jacuzzi with jets with the ability to adjust the intensity (and even the rhythm!). I absolutely loved the fact that the jacuzzi had a window with sliding wooden shutters that you could open and close. This allowed one to have a conversation from jacuzzi to bedroom or you could even watch TV/listen to music from the jacuzzi tub! It also was useful when the tub became too warm and allowed for a cool breeze to come through. Our bathroom also had large glass shower with spray jets and an overhead rain shower head.

The hotel also offers breakfast in bed which was a nice touch. A large tray was delivered to our room at the time we specified the night before, and we were given a canister of coffee, juice, croissants, boiled eggs, yogurt and granola and ham and cheese. The next morning we were given many of the above items and a delicious quiche. The breakfast wasn't hearty, but it was certainly enough for a healthy, good start to the day.

In terms of quality of service by the staff, I had three requests that were attended to by the staff immediately. Firstly, I forgot my toothbrush and two complimentary toothbrushes were delivered seconds after I made the call. Secondly, I found the bed to be adequate in terms of comfort but certainly not the pillowtop luxury that I have experienced when sleeping at the Fairmont. The bed was rather firm for my taste, even though it did have a feather pillow top and a feather duvet comforter. I called down to the front desk and requested an additional bed sheet so I could sleep on top of the feather duvet. The front desk offered a second duvet so that I could sleep on one and cover myself with the other. Also, on the morning of our departure I called to inquire if the staff could offer me a late checkout. This was accomodated at no additional charge. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly, helpful and accomodating.

We used our hotel as our base for exploring Niagara Falls, Clifton Hills, the Fallsview Casino, and we spent a day at Niagara on the Lake (we went on a winery lunch tour with Niagara Getaways - highly recommended). We were only minutes to Clifton Hill, yet set back from the hustle and bustle, allowing for quiet intimacy or a quick walk or cab to virtually everywhere in the downtown. I would highly recommend this Inn whether you are travelling as a single person or as a couple - however, I would not recommend for young families as there is no children's activities on the premises. There is also a fitness centre on site (which we did not visit, so I cannot comment) and a restaurant (which we did not eat at). We did however, make use of the free wireless internet (making this Inn appealing to travelling business professionals) and we certainly enjoyed the free parking (other hotels we called were charging $20 per night). Overall, we had an excellent stay and will be recommending this Inn to our friends and family.

3 Thank Adventure_finds_us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
Binghamton
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My girlfriend and I recently traveled to Niagara Falls for her birthday, and choosing the Sterling Inn and Spa was probably the best choice we made on what was a great trip. The Inn is beautiful and relaxing inside, and has a true spa feel.

There is also a highly-rated restaurant inside, and it is within walking distance of everything Falls related.

I highly recommend this Inn, especially for couples looking for a nice getaway, it was excellent!

Ontario
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Sterling Inn for 3 nights at the end of June. I was just getting ready to write a review and and read the last one before this, which made it easy for me. I would agree pretty much with all the comments made by juntoflemington. We had chosen The Sterling Inn based on the many positive reviews, and although a nice place, it certainly wasn't a great place, and on our next visit to The Falls, we may look to stay at another place.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2010

On a romantic getaway to the area, my fiance planned for us to stay at this hidden gem of a hotel. The article in The Star (http://www.thestar.com/travel/ontariooutings/article/830181--niagara-rises) recently, says exactly what needs to be said. Everyone who makes the trip to Niagara Falls needs to have dinner at the AG restaurant at the bottom of the hotel. The food was devine and the best I've ever had.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My wife took me here for my birthday, and the service that we experienced was simply amazing, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The staff were very attentive, and ensuring that our stay was comfortable, and relaxing. By far this is one of the best hotels in the Niagara Falls.

• Stayed May 2010
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband booked here and we had never heard of it, having been in Niagara Falls many times. From the outside, on arrival, we weren't sure what to expect - grey exterior, old milk facility (bottle shape at entrance). Once inside, we were blown away by the level of service and how big and beautiful the room was. Realized how quick a walk it was to our favourite restaurant, old casino and other attractions at Cliffton Hill area. Next time will try out AG restaurant at the Inn, My favourite thing had to be the HUGE steam shower - I have never been that relaxed or clean. Breakfast in-room was such a treat / luxury (included). It is a definite splurge but one I would do again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The room and Hotel were amazing as everyone has commented on previously. Basic 52 channels on the widescreen, which is nice. If you want to watch movies, just bring your laptop, because they provide free wi-fi. My iPhone also took advantage of that. The Location is so amazing, because you can honestly walk around everywhere in the core area because the hotel is located about 2 blocks from Victoria st & Cliffton Hills intersection. Great Value to boot! Will come back again in July.

1 Thank cololola