We recently stayed, for the second time, at Sterling Inn & Spa in Niagara Falls.
Our first time was four years ago and my review at that time was tentative but thought another chance was in order.
As many have indicate in their reviews, the Front Desk staff certainly needs a few pointers in Customer Service. It got to the point where we wouldn't even say hello when walking by because they wouldn't even acknowledge you. The fact this ‘lack of service’ is mentioned so many times should indicate to management that something just isn't right?
Given the wide range of reviews, I am convinced that they have two types of service and rooms. One for those that book directly with the hotel and one for those that use 3rd party bookings such as Hotwire, Expedia, etc.
Our room was OK, but nothing special and you could sense it was one of the ‘other’ rooms, especially since it was right beside the elevator even though we had reserved it months ago.
A couple other things:
• Sparse room amenities. For example, I had to call down for a couple of wine glasses and opener (which was covered in something)...come on, this is Niagara wine region!
• Since last time they didn't have one available, I had requested a whirlpool tub this visit by calling a few weeks prior to and then again during check in, but was told none were available. Once again, I had made the reservation months ago.
• Left for the day around 10:00, came back around 3:00 and our room hadn't been refreshed. When we found a housekeeper, they said they work on those checking in first and will try to get to ours as soon as they can, but they are done working at 4:30. We elected to take a couple new towels and toiletries instead.
• Internet access was very spotty at best.
• Breakfast was not very inspiring, leaving most of it untouched on the tray.
• Although the bed was comfortable, there were lots of background noises, such as the A/C, fridge, water, creaking, etc. that made it difficult to get a good night’s sleep.
We had also taken the time to fill out the suggestion form (which was in our room), however upon asking the front desk where the suggestion box was, they indicated there wasn't one and just to hand it to them. Although we did, we also assumed it probably wouldn't find its way to those that should be reading it.
Needless to say, this was our last visit to Sterling Inn & Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls