“Spacious and romantic”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here for NYE. I liked the loft-like modern feel of the room. We were put in room 205 which included a jacuzzi tub and fireplace (the jacuzzi cleans on its own). It was very spacious and clean. There were hardwood floors throughout the room, a lounge area in front of the tv with a king size bed behind us.

The toilet area was in a separate area with a door from the stand up shower area which was nice.

There is complimentary breakfast. You get to choose a time when you want it delivered to your door.

We had booked a deep tissue massage downstairs and they were AMAZING! Probably the best that I had thus far. I had a man named Steve, and not only did he help rid of some knots and help release some off of my pressure points , he also gave me advice on preventative measures from aches and pains. Good pressure.

They also have a restaurant downstairs called AG. The food was great, but small portions - especially with the appetizers. Great atmosphere and the servers were very helpful.

Location of this Inn /boutique was great. Right at the top of clifton hill.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anna K
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2017

I'm so happy to hear you getaway was a success! We truly feel we provide the ultimate romantic getaway and I'm thrilled we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa Baumgartner

There are newer reviews for Sterling Inn & Spa

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a good experience at Sterling Inn. The location was great, away from the crazy tourist area (which I liked), but still only a 5 min. walk to the downtown area and 10 min. walk to the falls. We stayed in a two bedroom suit, and was shocked how large the room was. The rooms were nice with wooden floors and felt more upscale compared to a chain hotel. However we did note some stains on the deco pillows and drink stains on the white leather chairs. Really easy fix, we wiped down the chairs and through the pillows to the side. Also the "fireplace" was really not what we expected, it was just fake wood glowing, no flames and it didn't throw off any heat. Also no room service until after 4:30pm when the restaurant opens. Lastly the breakfast in bed was nice but we didn't really get a choice, I didn't like the egg pastry they gave us and requested if I could get something different the next morning and instead got nothing but a corrsont. We also had a couples message appointment at the spa, which I loved! The spa lobby is noting special, but it was a nice treat for ourselves and responsible priced compared to most spas. Overall I was pleased with the accommodations and there are always pros and cons to everything. I would recommend this to couples.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is situated in a good location which is reachable to all attractions. The room is surprisingly big and with a combination of Jacuzzi in the toilet. Definitely a good place to stay and relax!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The walls were dirty, we had rips in our sheets, the shelves in the bathroom had dust and hair on it. I thought the room itself was interesting and unique, I liked the layout. However, we couldn't get the heat below 70, so when the Jacuzzi was on, it got up to like 80 and the air wouldn't go on, we requested assistance from the front desk and they told us they couldn't do anything about it because the thermostats are locked. I sent an email to the hotel after we left. I never heard back. I wasn't looking for anything other than - we will look into that and try better next time. I sent 4 more emails. Never got a response. They clearly don't value their guests. We will not return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dree L
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel slash restaurant is grossly overpriced.
They have Marriott's prices with none of its class.

Seriously this hotel is actually created in abandoned milk factory and their prices are just over the top.
Concierge was on looking in computer, zero reaction when we entered. We had to stand there and verbally get her attention across 2 feet.

They don't even have a good location, somewhere in town.

Poor breakfast, like school cafeteria level..

We won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave B
Lindsay D, Public Relations Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Mr. Dave B.
Thank-you for your review on the Sterling Inn & Spa. We appreciate your honest feedback. Please allow me to apologize that our front desk agent was not attentive to you, our guest. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly in regards to your stay with us. Please reach out to me at the e-mail address listed below.
Best regards,
Lindsay D.
Marketing Manager
lindsay@sterlingniagara.com

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We went as part of an anniversary trip in the summer. It was highly recommended by friends and on Tripadvisor but we were disappointed. Room was extremely large and very nice but not as nice as other boutique hotels we have stayed. Bteakfast in bed was mediocre and not enough cuttlery was provided. Service was fine but not friendly. Well located near Clifton Hill and walking distance to the Falls with free parking.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank budsfan29

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your review on the Sterling Inn & Spa from your stay with us this past summer. I must apologize that you did not find our property up to our Sterling standards, that cutlery was missing from the breakfast tray and that our staff was not overly friendly. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly in regards to your stay with us. Please reach out to me at the e-mail address listed below.
Best regards,
Lindsay D
Marketing Manager
lindsay@sterlingniagara.com

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I live locally and have made my rounds trying to find a great spa with fantastic staff. I will look no further. Massage therapists experienced, knowledgeable and have excellent technique. Oh, and if you are a resident of Niagara, there is a discount during weekdays. Well worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo