“Lovely stay!”

Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brampton, Canada
“Lovely stay!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Sterling Inn twice and both times it was wonderful!

The beds are huge and comfortable, the jacuzzi is so relaxing, they provide you with robes, breakfast in bed the next morning, and it's only a few minutes walk from the Falls. We literally stayed in the room the whole night after checking in...it was a home away from home.

Only a couple of tiny caveats:
- the phone in our room didn't work, but we didn't use it anyway
- we heard the HVAC system on all night with some loud bangs, but once we told the front desk they said a maintenance crew was coming to check on it
- the breakfast is basically the same all the time: croissant, ham/cheese, yogurt, granola, and eggs prepared chef's choice that day (we were served mini quiche tarts)...the only choice you get is coffee/tea, orange/apple juice. It would be great if they could change it up a bit? But it's delicious anyway, and very filling for a day of walking around the Falls :)

I would stay there again in a second and recommend it to anyone who wants a nice quiet weekend away with a loved one!

Room Tip: Make sure you request the jacuzzi (or steam shower) upon booking because they don't have a jacuz...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
TORONTO
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I bought a 2-night deal through WagJag Jaunt. The hotel is modern and within walking distance to the major attractions, but in a somewhat seedy area. Our room overlooked a rundown parking lot. The staff we came across was friendly and helpful. The room was quite nice, but we were under the impression that our room had a steam shower and jacuzzi tub, but apparently the deal was for a room with the steam shower only. Nicely decorated, but the 2 chairs in the room were quite uncomfortable. The shower was huge, but not well kept. The floor and wall tiles needed a good scrubbing - the grout was dirty. On the first day we had no shower mat (one was brought in the second day), and we ran out of kleenex on the second day. The breakfast in bed was quite nice and, overall, we got good value for money. We did not use the $50 restaurant credit, nor the spa credits ( the services were much too expensive). The one thing that was most annoying, though, was that we heard banging noises at random times, day and night, above us (even though our room was on the top floor) as if someone was dropping stuff on the roof! We woke up a few times with the noise. Would we stay there again? Maybe, if the deal was good.

Room Tip: Inquire as to exactly what type of room you are getting with your deal.
1 Thank TravellingToronto
Lindsay D, Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear guest. Thank-you for your recent review on the Sterling Inn & Spa. We appreciate all of our guests valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Jaunt/Wag-jag promotion. Our rooms feature either an in-shower steam unit or a Jacuzzi tub. With our Jaunt promotion we were featuring our rooms with the steam shower. I will be sure to pass on your concerns regarding the shower and lack of towels to our housekeeping department. It is wonderful to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful and you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in bed. We look forward to extending our Sterling service to you the next time your travels bring you to Niagara.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is just one block back from victoria ave so its close enough to the action but the location makes it easy to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the clifton hill area. It was walkable to the fallsview area as well but was only a 5 buck cab ride for 4 ppl if you didnt feel like exercising. The room felt more like an apartment then a hotel and was clean, modern and relaxing. Overall a very comfortable place and a nice change of pace from the hotel chains that cover the main drags. We wont be staying anywhere else when we come to niagara falls now that we have discovered this place!

• Stayed April 2013
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been to the Sterling Inn & Spa before and enjoyed my stay the last time, but I notice some changes and 1 in particular that is still not sitting well with me. I was checking in and noticed that the chairs from behind the desk were gone. I thought well maybe they were cleaning and didn't bother to say anything. Later into the night I had to go to the front desk for some extra towels for my boyfriend and myself, and noticed the chairs still weren't there and the poor employee was standing there looking lost, and in my opinion like they were being punished in a time out stance. I finally went to the front desk the next morning and asked why the chairs were gone, and why they were being punished having to stand there for so many hours. I was told it was a new rule. After that was said to me some woman walked around the corner, looked me dead in the eye, and never once smiled, said goodmorning or even acknowledged I was even there. I am figuring that was the drill instructor boss that took the chairs away, and I am sure she has some high dollar top of the line all cushioned heated massager chair that she sits in all day, while she makes her employees suffer looking in the pain that I am sure they are in from having to stand there. This is a small hotel and it only makes sense for them to have chairs as they aren't as busy as a faster paced many more room hotels are. I do hope that you are carrying insurance on these employees for feet and leg problems, along with possible blood clots that can arise from standing for long period of times with little movement.
Also, the last time I was in I said something about tiles that were lose and are a danger should someone trip over them. I was told they would be fixed and thanks for pointing them out. How funny it is that the same tiles haven't been touched, and I mentioned this yet again and was told that this is a new issue and it would be fixed soon. Ok, so now you have taken away the chairs of your employees, and making them lie to customers??? Really?? You want people to return to your hotel?? If you want people to return, then I suggest that you take care of your employees, as they are the ones that greet us when we walk in and when they are in pain from having to stand all shift, I wouldn't expect them to be all too smiley happy cheery. And, to make them lie to us customers is really the stupidest thing you can do, as you are a business that obviously have repeat customers, and can see for themselves changes.. good and bad!!
My boyfriend and I have both agreed that we will be finding a new hotel to go to while we go to Canada on business or personal trips. I have plans to follow up on these issues, before I talk with other businesses that we do work with that also send their people to your hotel while on work trips.
Your front desk employees have always been very friendly to help me. Your night shift employees have gone out of their way when there were issues with a loud crowd to quiet them down and keep the hotel a place were I'd want to come back to. Remember, YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU GIVE!!
My service rating below is for the bosses not the employees!! All my negative remarks are for the bosses!!

Room Tip: Rooms are good. It's the bosses who need an adjustment!! Don't feed the greedy when they c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Edwards1369
Dear return guest. Thank-you for your review and concern. We we would like to discuss this matter with you in further detail. We would greatly appreciate your time to speak with you directly. Please feel free to contact our general manager, Rhonda at 289.292.0000. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are continually proud of their representation of the Sterling Inn & Spa. Best regards.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

When this hotel came up on special, we jumped at the chance to stay here. Being fans of AG, we thought this would be an incredible opportunity. On checking in, we loved how clean and sleek everything looked. However, I was a little thrown when I was told by the front desk person that my credit card would be charged $200 without any explanation. I figured it was a safety deposit thing and it ended up being just that but it would be nice to hear it from them.

We loved the room. It was a great size and the exposed ceiling/wood was a nice touch. Not so nice was the hairs we found inside the very nicely made bed. As soon as this was mentioned however somebody came right up and changed the sheets.

I am happy to say that the rest of the stay (both nights) went by fantastically. Breakfast in bed and a steam shower really helped to undo our negative first impressions. Given the chance again, we would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AD G
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The staff was very friendly, good breakfast in bed. It is in walking distance of the strip. We stayed in the jacuzzi room which was very clean and spacious! There was a nice little workout room that was very clean and neat. The shower was big and water stayed hot the entire time.
For the price this place cannot be beat, do yourself a favor and book a stay here.

1 Thank TearraD
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a romantic weekend in Niagara and the reviews for this hotel were bang on - great for a romantic getaway, hotel is off the main path, but still very close to all of the action. The big bedrooms and breakfast brought to your room in the morning were great! My only complaints were that the handle to our bathroom door was completely broken upon arrival. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is only 2 floors - request a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple