“Romantic getaway for Married couple”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Welland, Ontario, Canada
“Romantic getaway for Married couple”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I had a blast at the Sterling Inn! It was so romantic with the Dinner and our room was incredibly gorgeous. Service was awesome. Massage was so relaxing and the ladies that did the massages were very professional and catered to me being short as I am, they lowered the table for me. We will definitely be going back! Thank you!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa B, General Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2017
I'm so happy to hear you getaway was a success! We truly feel we provide the ultimate romantic getaway and I'm thrilled we were able to accomplish this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa Baumgartner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
Johnstown, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I read reviews for this hotel prior to booking and most were negitive but decided to book anyway. Besides most people write a review when they have had a negitive experience.
My boyfriend and I visited Niagara Falls for a few days just to get away. I found the hotel on groupon and thought I'd give it a chace. A long with the two night stay, we also recieved gift certificates for their restuarant: AG, the spa located at the hotel, casino credits and wine tastings at three different wineries. AG was awesome, the food and the service was outstanding. I loved the room, it was modern, wood ceiling and floors, flat screen tv and fireplace!!! Tile shower with rain style shower head. And the two person jacuzzi bathtub was amazing... We loved it! We also got a couples massage from the spa (my boyfriends first massage), It was very relaxing and personable. The breakfast in bed was very nice, you write the time and what you want on a card and hang it on your door the night before and you receive a knock at the door at the noted time with a sweet woman delivering your breakfast! The hotel is a few blocks from the falls so you could walk, but we choose to drive due to the cold weather.

1 Thank traci s
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a delightful weekend at Sterling Inn and Spa. It was cold outside with lots of snow and it was the most delightful place to be. It was a cozy, private get-a-way with all the amenities. Do not be put off with the rather odd exterior - inside it is very luxurious. We were thrilled as well with the restaurant whose food competes with any in Toronto. The added bonus was the live music in the bar.
We will be back.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Sterling Inn & Spa was the best hotel I have every stayed at. I took my boyfriend on a surprise trip to Niagara Falls for his birthday and I was determined to get a hotel with a fireplace. I stumbled on this hotel from Groupon and decided to research the amenities, and location. The room was the size of an apartment with a king size canopy bed, a fireplace, and spaceous bathroom. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and places to go for entertainment. The rooms were clean with modern furniture and the shower turned into a steam-like sauna. We had a wonderful weekend and would definitely go back and recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My partner and I came from Vancouver to see our sisters and on the 15th and 16th of January we stayed here at the "Milk Jug", because this hotel was a milk factory back in the day. The rooms are big and cozy with hardwood flooring. The steam shower is amazing and the hot tub in the rooms are fantastic. Sandie and I had such a great time with her family that we booked three more rooms on the 22nd of January with my two sisters. One from New York and one from Ontario. Breakfast was included with each room which was a nice suprise. This hotel came highly recommended from 2 regular guests, my fantastic brother-in-law and sister. Thank you to them and the friendly, accommodating staff at "The Milkjug".

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the hot tub,because you also get a shower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went for a wwekend away that I won! The room was lovely, Wexcept the bed was like a rock. thank goodness for the comforter to add some softness as we slept on top of it. We had the steam shower which was nice, but the jets on the side body shower need cleaned as they hardly sprayed. AG was awesome. the servers were very nice. the decor is not that great but i was very surprised how much we loved the food! the chocolate torte was heavenly. We had a couples massage on Saturday and that was also great. As this was a free trip for me I have to say it was very nice to be here and away from the kids. But if you are looking for something with a pool and hot tub, or just closer to the falls and casino this is off on a side street. No shuttles to area, but a taxi is only a call away. Breakfast was a nice start to each morning. The room felt like a little apartment and it had so much room. 2nd floor corner /deluxe room.

Room Tip: Corner 2nd floor was a large quite room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a night in January. We had been looking at staying here for a year and finally booked. The area is gritty. I don't like not being able to have the curtains open, so I felt that we were in a dungeon. You were so close to abandoned buildings and parking lots. The room was clean. Staff friendly and helpful. The bedspread was awful, just old and tattered. I didn't find the bed hard at all. Sounds weird but the tv was too small. We had a large room with high ceilings. I did not care for the laminate floor. For the traffic moving around, you need something more solid. The late noon checkout is great. Breakfast in room was fine. We had dinner at AG and that was really good. The food was very nice and the staff very attentive. The decor leaves a lot to be desired. It feels like an old lounge. There majority of the people dining there were under 45. It was very dark and the music was like that found on an elevator. It would enhance the experience to brighten that up as it is in the basement, it doesn't need to feel like that. Overall, we would return to eat, but would prefer a falls view room. I know they can't change the location, but since the blinds need to remain closed the whole time, it would better serve to brighten up the decor. It can still be modern without being dark.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank CanadaEh53
Lindsay D, Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank-you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. As a small boutique Inn & Spa the best way for us to improve our level of service is from our past guests. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the clean room, friendly staff, late check-out and dinner at AG. It is unfortunate that the condition of the bedspread in your room was not up to standard and the curtains did not fully close. We will be addressing these issues with housekeeping and front desk management. Once again we appreciate your review.