“Great place to meet your family”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My partner and I came from Vancouver to see our sisters and on the 15th and 16th of January we stayed here at the "Milk Jug", because this hotel was a milk factory back in the day. The rooms are big and cozy with hardwood flooring. The steam shower is amazing and the hot tub in the rooms are fantastic. Sandie and I had such a great time with her family that we booked three more rooms on the 22nd of January with my two sisters. One from New York and one from Ontario. Breakfast was included with each room which was a nice suprise. This hotel came highly recommended from 2 regular guests, my fantastic brother-in-law and sister. Thank you to them and the friendly, accommodating staff at "The Milkjug".

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the hot tub,because you also get a shower.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went for a wwekend away that I won! The room was lovely, Wexcept the bed was like a rock. thank goodness for the comforter to add some softness as we slept on top of it. We had the steam shower which was nice, but the jets on the side body shower need cleaned as they hardly sprayed. AG was awesome. the servers were very nice. the decor is not that great but i was very surprised how much we loved the food! the chocolate torte was heavenly. We had a couples massage on Saturday and that was also great. As this was a free trip for me I have to say it was very nice to be here and away from the kids. But if you are looking for something with a pool and hot tub, or just closer to the falls and casino this is off on a side street. No shuttles to area, but a taxi is only a call away. Breakfast was a nice start to each morning. The room felt like a little apartment and it had so much room. 2nd floor corner /deluxe room.

Room Tip: Corner 2nd floor was a large quite room.
1  Thank Michele A
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a night in January. We had been looking at staying here for a year and finally booked. The area is gritty. I don't like not being able to have the curtains open, so I felt that we were in a dungeon. You were so close to abandoned buildings and parking lots. The room was clean. Staff friendly and helpful. The bedspread was awful, just old and tattered. I didn't find the bed hard at all. Sounds weird but the tv was too small. We had a large room with high ceilings. I did not care for the laminate floor. For the traffic moving around, you need something more solid. The late noon checkout is great. Breakfast in room was fine. We had dinner at AG and that was really good. The food was very nice and the staff very attentive. The decor leaves a lot to be desired. It feels like an old lounge. There majority of the people dining there were under 45. It was very dark and the music was like that found on an elevator. It would enhance the experience to brighten that up as it is in the basement, it doesn't need to feel like that. Overall, we would return to eat, but would prefer a falls view room. I know they can't change the location, but since the blinds need to remain closed the whole time, it would better serve to brighten up the decor. It can still be modern without being dark.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank CanadaEh53
Lindsay D, Manager at Sterling Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. As a small boutique Inn & Spa the best way for us to improve our level of service is from our past guests. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the clean room, friendly staff, late check-out and dinner at AG. It is unfortunate that the condition of the bedspread in your room was not up to standard and the curtains did not fully close. We will be addressing these issues with housekeeping and front desk management. Once again we appreciate your review.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

To date my wife and I believe this is the best hotel we’ve stayed at anywhere. In our future overnight trips to Niagara Falls, we will likely stay here. Mind you, we would never have stayed here to begin with were it not for a gift card that my wife had won.

This is a bit of a boutique-style hotel that makes an excellent alternative to some of the big chain hotels in the area (e.g., Sheraton; Doubletree). It is only two stories tall.

Neither the look of the hotel from outside, nor the inside lobby, make for a stellar first impression. However, setting foot into our room changed all that: the rooms are large; it was a loft-style, with high ceilings and wooden beams; there is a kitchenette (including a bar fridge and coffee maker); it comes with breakfast in bed; the Jacuzzi was the best I’ve ever been in (with powerful jets and bubbles); the shower was the best I’ve ever been in (with three powerful shower heads along the wall spraying horizontally, and a flower shower head above); and a fireplace.

They gym is small, and not great – with only two treadmills, and a universal machine with missing parts. It is located in the basement, where there is also a spa, and I believe a banquet room.

Another excellent aspect about this hotel is the location. It is one block away from Clifton Hill – you can see “Screamers House of Horrors” from the hotel. So you can easily walk to a number of attractions, including the museums, the Ferris wheel, Niagara Falls, and the border. The bigger, more popular hotels are a little too far away from all of these sites.

Unfortunately I did not brink my camera, so I don’t have any pictures of our room to share.

1  Thank product-of-canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Perfect getaway rooms very nice double tub in room fantastic shower. in room breakfast was good. enjoyed Spa will return again. Don't be fooled by exterior very industrial but nice job converting an old dairy to a boutique style hotel. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful

Reviewed January 20, 2013

HANDS DOWN the best hotel in Niagara!!!!! This was my sixth stay and I've already booked a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day. From the minute I arrived I knew I'd found something really special... Barb and Lindsey at check in/out make you feel like family, royalty even, a really warm and inviting vibe from them both, outstanding customer service!!! The Sterling is Niagara's only Boutique hotel and it used to be one the largest dairies and ice cream producers in the region! There are 40 rooms, all with a unique layout and SPACIOUS, SPACIOUS, SPACIOUS!!! So many hotels in Niagara are outdated... you aren't stuck in the 80's @ the Sterling! Ultra modern decor, hardwood floors, high ceilings and your choice of an oversized double jacuzzi or steam shower! The bathrooms are GIGANTIC, the shower alone has room for four (lol)! The two-room suites are my favourite, you won't want to leave!!! The Sterling thinks of everything... cookies on your pillow when you arrive, breakfast in bed, free parking! The place is really quiet too, your own private oasis close to all the attractions!!! After each stay I can't wait to return for another amazing visit at a true hidden gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at the Sterling in Dec. and had dinner at AG and was again at dinner weekend of Jan 12th and the Food is Amazing. I've been to quite a few Fine Dining restaurants and this is a hidden gem. People may find this place pricey, but definitely not for fine dining. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous. I'm in the travel industry and I've seen alot of places, and this is definitely one of my favorites and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple