“Sterling Inn & Spa”
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I just checked out of the Sterling today after a 2 night stay. We had a great experience and would recommend the Sterling to anyone. It was in close walking distance to everything. Breakfast being delivered to the room was really nice; it was a light breakfast of quiche, fruit, yogurt, croissants, cheese, ham and coffee, tea and juice.
My only ‘complaints’ would be about the bed – ours was very hard and a bit uncomfortable, but we both had good night sleeps. The pillows were not the greatest. These complaints are a matter of choice though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is very nice and clean. The rooms are HUGE we stayed in a standard room and it felt more like a suite it was so large. There's no view to be seen but it's located very close to the main attractions. The beds are comfortable and the shower and Jacuzzi are great. The "breakfast in bed" could be better... It was nothing but cold pastries and a small roll of ham and cheese even the eggs were cold. The gentlemen who brought us our breakfast was not very pleasant but the rest of the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bk10gr
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been to many spas...locally and abroad....and sterling spa is by far one of my favorites. With new management and new spa services I throughly enjoyed my experience. The staff were wonderful and so professional. The spa decor was inviting and the rooms were spotless. The sterling spa really takes their time in providing you with quality treatments. It was a great way to spend a girls weekend and I look forward to returning with my husband very soon. I highly recommend sterling inn and spa.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lakesidelamb
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was one of the coolest places I've ever stayed. So cozy and clean. My husband and I are trying to figure out how to remodel our own bathroom into one like we had in our room. The only complaint I had was that it's a little tricky to find and you have to drag your luggage up the front stairs. Not a huge deal, but just be prepared. We had dinner at the AG restaurant and got completely spoiled...no other meal of our trip measured up to this one. It was a fabulous fine dining experience. The breakfast in bed was nice, but was more along the lines of a continental breakfast. It was perfect for us because we aren't that big into breakfast, don't expect omelets and bacon. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The website may be appealing but barely has any resembelance of the hotel itself other than the basic layout. The hotel is located on a old dingy block with many empty buildings and storefronts. Upon entering the front door (that is a little battered) you can tell the building is aging and that is only a glimpse before entering the room!! The guy by the front desk asked if we need help unloading but we declined the offer. The room is spacious but getting there through the many doors in the hallway is sort of creepy. The carpet is old and stained and lost its color a while ago. The beautiful curtains miss each other in the middle by two feet! All the surfaces (couch, countertops, lightswitch, walls, etc.) were greesy or stained, apparently noone cleaned up after the last guest. The bed is large but we could not sleep since the linen was scarce and the blanket had a peek a boo hole through it. We felt very safe and secure when we noticed the wires for a smoke detector hanging out without the detector attached. We enjoyed the falls and would have stayed for longer but we could not bring ourselves to stay another night in the not so Sterling inn. Before booking we noticed an award from trip advisor but do not understand how they got it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jonney-403
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and i just stayed here for our anniversary. We came for four nights and absolutely loved our stay. Our room was massive and so beautiful. The decor was modern and the room was spotless. Our jacuzzi tub was amazing we used it everyday. The beds are huge and so comfy with tkns of comfy pillows and blankets. The showers are huge too with four heads in them. The room came with a fridge plasma tv hardwood floors and a fire place. We were nice and close to the falls and all attractions it was maybe a five minute walk to clifton hill. The parking was free which was great. We enjoyed the celebration package on our last night which included chocolate covered strawberries champagnr and a dinner at AG in the hotel. The meal was incredible, arguably one of the best of my life. We had five courses which included smoked duck lamb rabbit crab and dessert. They were also more then willing to accomodate my girlfriend who is a picky eater at times. Each course came with a wine pairing. The staff was knowledgable and polite and went over the top to ensure all our needs were met. Did i mention we had delicious breakfast in bed everyday? I will never stay anywhere in niagara other then sterling! The best experience ive had with a hotel. Also please excuse my poor spelling my spell check will not work.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!

This hotel presents itself as an upscale trendy hotel in the photos. They are very misleading. Upon pulling up to the hotel, we knew we were in trouble. The exterior looks like a strip club/night club/indsutrial building. I know this may sound picky, but for the prices they charge and the way they present themselves this is not what we expected.

We checked in, got to our room and it smelled like cat urine. I could not understand the smell, but that is what came to mind, it was so strong! The carpets were filthy and we could not get past the smell. Normally not people to compalin we went back to the desk and asked to be moved. The manager came up to the room to see if we were lying about the smell! We had to follow him back up to our room and "prove" that there was a smell. After he too smelt it he then moved us. Room two, the bathroom was covered in hair and the bed had hair all in the sheets. At this point we had enough. We asked for our money back as we were going to find another hotel. This is where the manager got even more rude and refused to refund our money. We stood our ground and after fighting with the guy finally got our money back.

We will never ever stay here again!

The Double Tree is a very nice hotel, well priced and NICE people to serve you. I advise you stay there and avoid this hole in the wall at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends