“Very Nice Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sterling Inn & Spa

Sterling Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brampton, Canada
“Very Nice Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this Hotel. It is a very good small upscale Hotel, and yes it is away from the "main" area and does require one to do a little walking, which was not a big deal for us. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast delivered to your room is a nice touch. The rooms are very spacious and although the steam shower is a very nice touch, a cedar bench would have been handy so we could sit and have a prolonged steam bath. The bed were quite big, but a little too hard for me. The front steps need to be repaired as there is some tile damage, and a few large decorative urns would add a nice touch, but all in all the Hotel is well maintained and clean. If you are looking for a nice little boutique Hotel in Niagara Falls you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I purchased a Snique Away coupon for a two night stay last July and we redeemed it this week for a most relaxing getaway.
The inn itself is beautifully decorated. It's a little away from the Falls, which means it's quiet and there's ample (free) parking. Our room was spacious and bright with a welcoming gas fireplace, and a comfortable king size bed. The shower was huge and the organic toiletries were lovely.
Breakfast is delivered to your room at a time that you specify, which is a nice touch, but it leads me to my one concern/complaint. I have a wheat intolerance, and so I had called the inn a couple of days ahead of our stay to check if they could serve a wheat free breakfast. I was told this wouldn't be a problem and so I didn't bring anything gluten-free along with me. I wrote "gluten-free" and "no wheat" on the breakfast order forms, as the front desk staff had suggested, but there wasn't much for me to eat when our breakfast trays arrived. On our first morning, my husband enjoyed the quiches and croissants. All I could eat was a small pot of yoghurt and a piece of fruit. That doesn't set you up for the day. Our second morning was a bit better because we had hard boiled eggs along with the croissants.The two night stay would have been perfect had I been told honestly, "No, we can't accommodate a gluten-free diet" and then I could have planned accordingly and wouldn't have started my mornings feeling hungry.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L_J_RToronto
Tallmadge, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed here because I got a great deal on sniqueaway.com. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded! Our room was a deluxe with a sitting room with a leather couch and TV. The bathroom was huge, with a steam shower and great soaps. The bedroom was also large and spacious. The bed had two robes set out and cookies on our pillow. Breakfast was delivered when it was requested and it was a good value. Overall I think it is a wonderful hotel. I would, however, make a few changes. Our king bed was very hard and not very comfortable. While I enjoyed looking at the "fireplace" in the bedroom, it would have been better to actually have had a working fireplace. There was one in the lobby, why not in the room? And any tourist info would have been welcome had it been in the room, or anywhere for that matter. The staff was very helpful as was the concierge when she was there. We would stay here again and recommend it!!

1 Thank ames139
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

When we got to the sterling inn we knew it was going to be a good night. The room was nice but our tv had no remote. When my wife and I went to the desk they said that they would bring one to our room which was fine because we were leaving anyway. When we got back we tried the new remote. The tv only had one channel.. there was obviously at set up problem. We were going to AG for dinner so we went back to the desk to let them know they said they would send someone to look at it. Upon returning from a excellent dinner we came to our room to find a house keeper who told us "sorry its broken" we smiled and said thank you and she left. Shortly after the desk called to say they would like to upgrade and move us. Sweet. The new room was bigger with a mid size living room. The tv worked this time. The bed was great my wife and I had an amazing sleep while in the king size bed.

In the morning we got a shower. After I turned the shower on I got in and a part from the shower head blew off and hit me in the head. My wife was laughing and I did too but our steam/rain shower was now a sold thick stream of water. It still had pressure so it was ok. The door did not close to the shower well at all and water went all over the ground.clean up time.

When we checked out I informed the desk what happend they really did not seem to care to much. I get that we got the room for a great deal but care should always be given regardless of who paid what. Over all my wife and I made our night here excellent by taking our time and being with each other.we stayed positive and laughed despite the efforts of both rooms. I did expected more from this hotel but it was still a good night.

• Stayed November 2011
Monaca, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Just as described. Clean-relaxing-perfect. The rooms were large. The room had two flat screen tvs and leather sofa in the living room . Bathroom was very large with jetted tub and glass shower. Shampoos and lotion was from a spa collection. Breakfast was brought to our room at the exact time stated each morning and brought by very friendly staff. The maids were very friendly also and did an excellent job!!!!!

Room Tip: stayed in room 109 (deluxe room) was absolutely perfect
Severn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Well, I only found out about this Inn because I received a Groupon in my email. I was hesitant at first because I figured why would a first rate hotel/Inn need to advertise via a Groupon. Of the two of us, I'm also the one that's extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness. I called ahead to make sure the Inn was everthing it advertised before buying the Groupon, then jumped in with both feet.

I was NOT disappointed. The Inn as amazing! The rooms were not rooms at all but suite like, with a gigantic bathroom and a large foyer and hallway leading to the master suite. The steam shower did not disappoint either...worked beautifully!! In fact we stayed only two nights, but I took four steam showers because it felt so wonderful. THe service was second to none and the spa massage that I received was the best ever!!!!

The staff remembered our anniversary and made sure there was a complementary bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us upon entry. The gourmet dining was awesome as well...hats off to their chef!!

I will certainly be back again!!

1 Thank Mary T
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in, the hardwood floors and huge room with a raised King sized bed were lovely but the huge shower with steam room was the best! The mini fridge and breakfast in bed were a nice touch. The boutique hotel staff were friendly and the restaurant were great, we really enjoyed our stay, it was a wonderful get away.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, there is no view of the Falls, but in a room that nice, who needs to loo...
1 Thank Jennifer T