I have heard many good reviews about this place, but also some bad, I am a pretty open minded person so I decided not to listen to all the negative things. However, all the negative things that were told to me (mainly about the spa) were true. The hotel was very nice, rooms were very modern and huge!!! The food at the restaurant was excellent and would recommend it to anyone!! The service was great and so was the food.
However, the service in the spa was not. I had an appointment later that day at the spa for a facial and it was the worst facial I had ever received!!! But wait, it gets better! The spa looked very nice, however, don't be fooled. They served DISGUSTING DIRTY WATER in a water pitcher that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years!!!! They had fruit in the water that also looked dirty. I did not even TOUCH that water. The change rooms were gross, the robes were torn and old! The lady doing my facial was the general manager of the spa, her name was Tammy (she was rude and her service was very rushed so for anyone having a treatment from her, just leave!!) She smelled like smoke and it was absolutely disgusting being a NON SMOKER and having someones disgusting smoke hands all over my face!!! That's all I could smell during the facial, and it was NOT PLEASANT AT ALL! She seemed very rude and when I was checking out I had asked for her card, and one of the ladies at the front desk kindly gave it to me. I am a registered massage therapist and also work at a spa and that was not a way to treat someone!! She looked miserable and it seemed like she was even rude to her staff in front of clients! She was so unprofessional. I could even hear her complaining about not getting a tip from someone (I CAN SEE WHY!) The rest of the staff however, seemed fairly kind. The spa is NOT a place I would EVER recommend going!! As a general manager, you would think the service would be EXTRA GOOD, and you would make sure you don't smoke before a service, but I think my 5 year old daughter would have done a better job!!
I would give the hotel a 4 but the spa a 0!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Niagara Falls' only Boutique Hotel the Sterling Inn & Spa is a fusion between a luxury hotel and a Fine Inn. From the tranquility of our full service spa, to our fine dining restaurant AG offering regional cuisine in a cool urban setting, the Sterling Inn & Spa is truly an experience in its self. With amenities and rooms that cater to couples, it is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sterling Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Inn And Spa
- Sterling Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sterling Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn Niagara Falls