“Inexpensive, Basic, Clean.”

Comfort Inn Fallsview
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have to say, I was a little bit apprehensive when reserving this hotel. The Trip Advisor reviews are very mixed. Here is my short review on the hotel.

From what I have been told, It has been recently renovated. With that being said, the rooms were basic, modern, and quite clean. We booked three rooms and had no problems with them. They were nice and comfortable and the recent renovation can be seen in the hotel rooms simplicity and modernity. Bathrooms were modern and clean as well, yet simple as is the trend here. Basic, cheap, and clean.

I will say that the elevator had a very unpleasant odour... Sewage or something.

Also, Kelsey at the front desk was very friendly and attentive which is more than I can say about the manager who did not conduct himself professionally whatsoever in my opinion. In fact, I found him rather mean and unfriendly.

The breakfast was not good - I have experienced much better across the chain of Choice Hotels. Be prepared to wait a very long time to get breakfast as the tiny TINY breakfast area fills up quickly.

Overall, I did enjoy my stay at this hotel. If I were to get the same price in the future I would try this hotel again. With my affiliate discounts we only paid about 54 dollars incl. taxes. per night.

So, great price for a basic and clean stay which is exactly what we were looking for in what is usually an overpriced tourist area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank danielnavy
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Fallsview

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed last night at the Comfort Inn Fallsview, and we were pleasantly surprised based on the reviews here. We got a really good deal, and we were very happy with our choice: room was clean, hotel was quiet, free breakfast was decent.

Location
If you're looking for an actual view of the falls, this probably isn't the hotel for you, but it was very convenient for the casino: it's right across the street. We had a party to attend there, so it was great for us, and the prices for any other hotel in the immediate area are so much more expensive. It's also a fairly short (less than 10 minute) walk to the falls, if that's what you're after. Most other attractions like Clifton Hill are also a short walk away, and there are lots of bars, clubs, and restaurants in the area.

Check-In
Check in was quick and hassle-free. We had booked through a website, and we had our booking confirmation. All front desk staff were friendly.

Parking
As others have mentioned, parking is $12, which does seem a little steep for an outdoor lot in the off season. The casino is only a few steps away, and we used their covered parking overnight for $5. It was a very short walk, and no clearing off the car after the snow!

Room

We had a basic, two double bed room in the main tower on the top floor, and we were very pleased with it. Furnishings were clean and in good shape (they were updated), the bathroom was clean, and everything worked. The beds were a bit hard, but generally not too bad. Linens and towels were clean and in good shape. Lots of pillows were provided. The bath and toilet were in one room, and the sink and vanity were in another, which is handy for getting ready, especially if you're sharing the room with a friend. The one complaint we had was that the main room door was difficult to open and close; the door seemed to be a little snug in the frame. We didn't have any issues with noise. The in-room air conditioner/heater created some white noise, so we didn't hear anything.

Breakfast
Breakfast was fine: there were hot beverages, cereals, juice, fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, some baked goods, sausages and scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker. The room is very small, but we managed to get a table right away. The staff who were keeping the buffet filled and seating people were very friendly. Food was nothing to write home about, but it was fine.

Checkout
Again, we had no issues checking out. It only took a minute, and again, the staff member on the desk was friendly.

Overall, I'd recommend this place if you're after an inexpensive, clean, decent place to stay in the heart of the falls. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly, the hotel is in reasonable condition, and the rooms were totally clean and adequate. The location is great. Overall, really positive experience at the Comfort Inn. Good value in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up in the main tower to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Althena80
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel clean, room adequate, good free breakfast. 5 minute walk to Falls. Note low rate doesn not include parking. Good Brazilian Steakhouse copacbana next door. I(f you need a roof for a night it's fine. Left before pool opened.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our family stayed here for a couple nights last March break. We found the front staff cold and unpleasant, we stayed in the a double bed room in the main building with a city view. The room was clean but very small and cramped. The elevator is very small and cant hold more that 4-5 adults so you have to wait many times. The only upside was the room had a balcony. Maybe they have changed there staff and attitude since but we would not stay here again as there are many other places in the same price range that offer better value with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel for a one night stay near the falls and this one was right there. Really close to that falls and to everything in the area. You can walk everywhere from here.

Parking is $12 per night. So add that to the room price.

Room was clean but u were able to hear your neighbors.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms. Free wifi good breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage (if that makes any diff). Some booking sites claims this has falls view but it would be difficult to see because of the mist in the falls addition to that embassy suites and oaks view obstruct the views. I would not spend additional $15 compared to the city view rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed with this hotel. I got a wicked deal online and read some negative reviews, but I was really impressed with what they had to offer considering what I paid.

I had a standard room on the second floor, close to the entrance. The beds were comfortable, although I had to double up on a pillow for my neck. The bathroom was partitioned and allowed two people to get ready at the same time. The fan in the bathroom did not work and there was no grip mat in the tub, but the water was hot and the television and iron worked fine.
They have free internet in all rooms as well as a hot continental breakfast which includes eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, muffins and assorted juice and coffee/tea.

There is an indoor pool and an outdoor one as well. While there is no gym, why would you need one when everything is within walking distance? No fridge in the room? Oh well. Go out and explore the sights and sounds.

The only small issues with the rooms were that they weren't exactly sound proof and some of the tv channels didn't have sound. But I wasn't there to experience one of those things.

Friendly staff with good recommendations as well as a partnership with My Cousin Vinnie's on site.

Recommend!