“Great affordable place to stay.”

Comfort Inn Fallsview
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here May 28th to May 31st. I booked on choicehotels.com and got a fantastic rate!!! Check-in was easy and the girl at the front desk was very helpful. We had a brief "glitch" by the head housekeeper. She originally told the front desk clerk that Room 128 was ready. It was not. So, my husband left me with the bags to go back to the front desk. Before he returned, the head housekeeper came and "insisted" I put our bags in the dirty room (I used the word "insisted"--not a strong enough word to describe her barking orders at me). Being partially disabled, carrying these bags myself was difficult. I told her I wasn't staying in a dirty room. By this time, the front desk must have told her to move me to 129. Again, barking for me to move my bags. Finally, my husband came back and was very irritated to see that I was carrying bags. Anyway, back to our room...This is a smoking room, but you could not smell a bit of smoke. Very clean, and very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable!!! Our housekeeper was very nice. We asked for extra pillows, and they appeared in less than 5 minutes. The front desk staff was very helpful, ordering Adventure Passes for us and giving us other sightseeing ideas. There are two pools there, one indoor and one outdoor. Both were very clean and well maintained. It is in a good location, within walking distance to most of the attractions (Falls, Maid of the Mist) and the bus stop is right across the street. They offer free breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fruit, and cereal----all which was very good and well stocked. We checked out around 5a.m. and the night clerk was very nice. We had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed a night here this past weekend with my wife and 2 daughters. I chose this place based on the price and location, which were pretty good compared to surrounding lodging. I wasn't expecting much from the room, and that was about right, nothing great or horrible about it. I was disappointed in the included breakfast. The dining area was slightly bigger than a standard hotel room and there were people lined up 10 deep in the hallway waiting to get in. They also wouldn't allow us to bring a plate of food back to the room, and given the intense crowding in the dining area, that would have probably helped out the crowding situation. It also might have helped it they offered it past 9 AM, most people don't get up too early on vacation and offering it for another hour or two would have been nice. My other small complaint was that when I asked to borrow a bottle opener, they told me to bring the bottle to the front desk and they would open it. I didn't think that was too big of a request to actually use one for the night. Overall just an average experience, but not bad either.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for two nights, great location nothing fantastic. The room was large with a decent view but had an odd odor. Once the trouble spot was located (very moldy shower curtain) and cigarette butts outside the door of a non smoking room. I took the curtain to the manager. 3 hours later we received a brand new curtain to hang. I am sure that a hotel that charges 189.00 a night (balcony room towards the falls) could have done better. After speaking with one of the young cleaning ladies I was told they only have 20 minutes to clean a room......not nearly long enough to change sheets, clean a bathroom and vacuum!!!

Other than that, the room, hotel and staff were ok. None of the staff went out of their way to smile or speak unless spoken to. This is not a hotel I would visit again.

The location was good, close walk to the falls, under 2 miles. There is an abundance of food, whether it be fast or dine in.....you will not starve!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are the best....the closer to the office end the better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here two nights while on a bus tour of Niagara Falls. The hotel is SO clean. Rooms have a balcony. Wish the hotel offered 24 hour coffee. The coffee is located in the breakfast room that is only open during breakfast hours. Be warned: the breakfast room is small & can get crowded fast. The breakfast attendants work hard to keep everything stocked. Also wish the hotel had a business center with computer access for those of us who travel without a computer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family of 4 stayed 2 nights in a room with two double beds and paid a really good price! The exterior of the hotel and the lobby area looks to be newly renovated. It was clean and bright. Unfortunately the same did not apply to the room. The room was dated, dark and not very clean. One of the chair in the room had a wet spot on it when we checked in and a wall had specks of red (paint? blood?) on it. Staff was efficient but not too friendly nor warm. Not a single staff smiled nor greeted us when we passed them for the 2 days. The exception were the two nice, warm and friendly ladies at the breakfast area. The complimentary breakfast was simple with scrambled eggs, sausages, cereals, pastries, toast and waffles but the two ladies made the experience very pleasant.

Location wise, the hotel was located along Fallsview Blvd with other big names. However it was actually behind these hotels (in particular behind the Embassy Suite) which essentially blocked any views of the Falls. Our room faced the carpark. We were fine with that because of the price we paid. However, I would caution anyone who is planning to pay a premium for a "fallside" room. From the online maps I consulted, the hotel looked really close to Table Rock Welcome Centre and the Horseshoe Fall. It really was, except that there was no path directly down to Table Rock. We ended up walking down Fallsview Blvd, into Murray Street before we got to Queen Victoria Park, which was where you get to see the Falls. The walk was about 15 minutes, normally quite reasonable and pleasant. However I was travelling with my parents in their 60s and there were some slopes and the cold weather at night to deal with. If I'm not paying for the views, I'll probably choose one of those hotels around Murray Street when I travel with elderly parents or younger children in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OriginallyPinkyDiver
GM Comfort I, Manager at Comfort Inn Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately the incline railway which is a direct link to table rock and the Falls is under repair and should be reopened within the next week or two. Traveling with older parents I can understand that this direct link would have been highly beneficial. Allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great location in a very expensive neighborhood near other major hotels. Close to walking to the Niagara Falls, great restaurants, and casino. One minute walk to Vinny's, Rosa's Diner (good breakfast for $6.99), Applebee's, Tower Hotel (Pinnacle Restaurant, great views and NYC prices for food and drink, which was OK with us) and Tony Roma's. We ate one minute away from the hotel at Copacabana (overpriced $100 for two people). At the hotel, we paid $79 and $69 and 2 nights of parking ($12 each+tax), and taxes + tourist fees, all in a little over $201. This is a very good price for the location. I am really glad that I did not stay in Clifton Hill area, which is too busy and noisy for us.

Room Tip: Get a room with a city view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM Comfort I, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are centrally located and within a few minute walk of the actual Falls without all the congestion and noise of the downtown core. We are also well priced and a new hotel. The next time you visit with us come to the desk and say hello

Reviewed May 27, 2013

i recently had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel , and let me tell you, you dont get what you pay for . YOU GET MORE! For the price we paid we had free wifi, indoor and outdoor pool access a great room and continetal breakfast. We were approx .32 kms from the falls. I really liked this hotel because it was far from the busy streets of Clifton hill. The breakfast room was a bit small, however i was told that they will be expanding the dining area in the near future. I was very impressed with the food selection as well. Parking costs 12 dollars which is a steal as parking by the falls is 20 dollars. Next time we go to Niagra we will definately stay here again .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nataliak81
GM Comfort I, Manager at Comfort Inn Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Its nice to hear that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. You are right, we are directly above the falls and our price is right. Our rooms are completely renovated and our breakfast room has been expanded. The next time you stay with us please stop by the front desk and ask for me. Once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.