“New, modern and clean within walking distance”

Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Recently stayed here for a two night couples trip with my husband. As numerous reviewers have mentioned, there are no falls view rooms at this hotel, however if you have been to Niagara Fall numerous times, as we have, this is a non-issue, as who really spends any time in their room viewing the falls anyways? Last year we stayed in a falls view room at the Hilton, which was somewhat dated.....thus if you prefer a new, modern and spacious room, then it is an easy trade off.

We had a corner room with a King size bed that was very spacious. There was a huge Jacuzzi tub in our room...however be warned that the tub is situated in the room itself and not in an enclosed bathroom. The only thing I would have changed about our room was the size of the bathroom. There is only a small sink area, with not much counter space, which made getting ready for the evening difficult if you require space for your hair and make up and it definitely couldn't accommodate two people getting ready at once.

The beds are beyond comfortable. Parking is only $12.00 a day (although lot is very small...one night we got the last space in the lot), however if you are just planning on doing the local falls and casino attractions you will not need your car at al. The Falls are within a ten to fifteen minute walk, and the hotel is close to the newer restaurants and the Casino. We easily walked to Clifton Hill as well. Several stores and a TIm Horton's are also easily within walking distance.

There is a Perkins in the hotel. They give you a 20% discount if you are a guest of the hotel, and it was enjoyable (and not nearly as costly as some of the other breakfast places in Niagara Falls). The hotel also had free Wi-Fi, which we always appreciate.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is nice, fresh alternative to the somewhat dated hotels that populate the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2014

we stayed one night at this place during our recent visit to Niagara falls. we drove to US side fall from Buffalo airport , spent the day at US side and finished all the different boat rides and other attractions . Then we drove into Canada side and checked into this hotel in the evening. The hotel is nice, nothing fancy but OK. close to fall , walk to take about 10 min and its a nice walk. There are starbucks and other restaurant on the way. There is also a LCBO store for getting drinks etc for the room. Parking is 12 CAD which is not too bad as one can just leave the car at the hotel and walk to fall. The lady at the front desk was very nice and she actually suggested during our checkout in the next morning that we should just leave the car at the hotel parking lot since we have parking till 6 PM and just walk to fall. She also let us store our bags which had food item at the lobby rather than keeping at the car in the sun.. . Overall it makes sense to stay in this hotel if staying at Niagara for only one night since one will most likely be just use the room for sleeping. for stay more than a day , I would however recommend staying somewhere close to fall or the restaurant area where all the happenings are..

Room Tip: upper level
1  Thank Papillon_xcape
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of the beds and pillows. But I don't get how people show pictures of seeing the falls from their room
across the parking lot. Don't be fooled. There
Are NO Falls View rooms. The hotel is a ways away from the falls and only 9 stories high.
But a nice hotel for the value. Would stay again. Parking only 12.00 compared to 35.00
At most others.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SherwoodParkChika
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I loved this hotel I will go back every time I go to Niagara Falls.
The room were nice clean and confortable.
The bed was soooooo amazing! Best bed ever!
The pool was small but good for our family.
It was a short walk to the falls.
I did not like paying for parking THAT is a rip off, becasue where else are you going to park?
I also loved Perkins in the morning.
Great service and beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Get the falls side of the hotel, much better view
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed at this property as walk-ins. We were given a wonderful large family room (room 720). It was quiet and huge. The front desk agent Ian was very helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate us given limited front desk staff. He gave us great dining recommendations and helped us find some local hikes in the area. He is a great face for the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible. Ask several times if there is a better rate available and if it...
1  Thank Ingrid B
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Overall a good stay. Some comments to take into account:

We had a double queen room for my wife and and two small children. This was more than adequate in size to accommodate us plus a travel cot (pack n play).

The room was in good condition and generally the hotel looks like it has been refurbished in the last couple of years which really helps.

The hotel is two blocks back from the Falls but those planning to walk with children should be aware that it is quite a steep hill coming back to the hotel.

Staff were friendly and helpful wherever we went. The hotel has a bar and associated restaurant which is convenient. Food in the restaurant is fairly standard American / Canadian fayre but was of reasonable quality and we were happy to eat breakfast and one evening meal there.

Two small niggles. On the Saturday we were there our room was not cleaned. Secondly the hotel seems to attract a party crowd on the weekend and so it was a little noisy on our floor on the Friday / Saturday.

Overall a good stay and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank RSfromBham
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the falls but other than that I could not think of anything else good to say about the hotel! They will put a pre authorization bill on your card for the hotel stay and when I asked the very UNfriendly girl in the front desk when will it be released if I paid cash,she said at the time of departure which is a lie because the money owed me was only released today!!!!! Another thing is we went out early in the morning around 9am and hit back to the hotel at 3pm and the room was not made or cleaned! I called the front desk and I was told housekeeping is bz!!! Plus why pay parking??? This wasn't disclosed to me when I booked!!! Horrible experience unfriendly staff.... Go some where else!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Mia500
Jennifer W, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have the great experience that the majority of our guests have.
We strive to have the best experience had by all of our guests.

For the credit card pre-authorization, it would be your bank that was causing the hold up for the release, not our hotel. The get released from here upon check out.

As for your room not being cleaned by the time of your return at 3pm, this too is not typical and I do apologize for that.

Parking is a pretty standard charge here in Niagara Falls, I would like to know how you booked your reservation, as we have the fact there is a parking fee on all of our booking channels.
If you have used one that was missed I would like to have that rectified.

jwark@niagarafallswyndham.com