“Annual anniversary trip to Niagara-Wyndham disappointed:(”

Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
akron, oh
“Annual anniversary trip to Niagara-Wyndham disappointed:(”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed our first night in Niagara at the Embassy suites which was amazing. Groupon was running two Niagara deals (both of which offered a great price). I decided to book one night at two different hotels because my husband and I have been traveling to Niagara every year for our anniversary weekend and I am on a mission to find the best deal:) Wyndham had an inviting lobby, and the room was clean and your typical hotel room-nothing special. The bar was nice and the bartender was very friendly and we ordered nachos and drinks, which both was great. It was a very cold winter weekend and my one complaint was that we woke up to no hot water. I normally would not even say anything because I don't like to complain but I didn't want the next guest to wake to the same. I was simply told "sorry". I really did think he would take off my parking or offer breakfast or something. I mean when you stay at a hotel, you really expect two things, a nice bed and a hot shower. Really disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
Columbus, Indiana, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel was in walking distance (if you like to walk) of many of the downtown attractions. We could see the Skylon Tower out of our window, but you cannot see the falls from there. It was about a 5 block walk to the falls and then we continued along the walkway and up Clifton Hill to Victoria Ave and then back to the hotel, probably about a 3 mile walk. There is a Pekins Restaurant right outside the lobby of the hotel, which made a perfect place for breakfast. The Skylon Tower was about a 3 block walk and we enjoyed dinner there one evening with no driving required. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the front desk provided us some coupons to use at various wineries in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had definitely too much expectation when I was booking my hotel room. I booked the DLX KG JACUZZI room which include Premium Cityview King bed with jacuzzi featuring a 37" flat screen TV, office desk and ergonomic chair, hair dryer, BeWell bathroom amenities, iron and ironing board, Wolfgang Puck coffee/tea maker, alarm clock and separate glassed in shower.I was not impress at all. I was disappointment by the view, which was the view of the parking.The Heated Indoor Pool & Hot Tub were small, so we didn't bother to go. The breakfast was not include. The hotel was nice and clean,the service was good, but for the price its was not worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I got a great deal on this hotel and we decided to spend a night. We were going to do some shopping and dinner in the states and knew that we would run a bit late, so we wanted to spend the night in Niagara Falls. The hotel is only about a year old, the lobby was nice and the room was clean and comfortable - the bathroom was really nice too. No complaints and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple