“Excellent Honeymoon Getaway!!”

Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I just recently travelled to Niagara Falls, ON for our honeymoon and we stayed in the Wyndham Gardens Hotel for 3 nights in a King Suite. The hotel is smaller than a lot of the bigger more popular named hotels but this place was all brand new and nicely decorated! Still in a very convinient location with a lot of great restaurants and attractions nearby. Our room was cozy and spacious, very clean and comfortable. The bed felt like you were sleeping in a big fluffy cloud! It was that good! Staff was great and very welcoming and accomodating! We enjoyed the pool and hot tub every day! It wasnt too busy which was nice! Pool is on the smaller side but still nice to get down to and we enjoyed it!

They had a Perkins attached in the hotel which was excellent! We kept going back. Of course it helped having coupons but we really did enjoy the food! We tried the IHOP across the street attached to the other hotel. We HIGHLY STRONGLY DO NOT recommend ANY IHOP restaurant! It was terrible and very expensive! Save your money and theres soo much better out there! Such a disapointment! *Just a tip!

Great experience! Great stay! I would highly recomment this place and I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndam Fallsview in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, August 26 - 28, 2012. From the point of check in, the staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 8th floor, when we walked in, it had the scent of a brand new room. The entire room was exceptionally clean and the decor was well thought out. The TV is the latest model LCD; guys love their toys, lol. We were very impressed with the level of comfort of the mattress and pillows. The mattress was a Simmons Beautyrest and the pillows were Sobel Westex. We had one of the best sleeps we've ever had in a hotel. Just to give some context; we’ve vacationed at the Sandals Grand in St Lucia, the Grand Sirenis in Cancun, Mexico, the Barcelo in Puerto Plata. We have stayed at the Delta Toronto East Hotel in Scarborough, the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in downtown Toronto, the Delta Chelsea in downtown Toronto, Four Points by Sheraton in Niagara Falls, Ontario and the Sheraton Centre Toronto. The only hotel that gave the same level of sleep comfort was the Delta Toronto East, as they had the Simmons Beautyrest as well. The other hotels we’ve stayed; are not worth mentioning and I have written negative reviews in that regard.

The Perkins that is connected to the hotel; served a half decent breakfast; it is a bit pricy, but the portion sizes were more than expected, and the service was pretty good.

The Wyndam Fallsview is at the top of our Niagara Falls list! We would definitely return to this hotel.

I hope this review was helpful. Happy travels to all!

Mardy W. Dixon

2  Thank 76,755
Reviewed September 10, 2012

From our check-in (thanks Marshall) throughout our 3 days stay, we had outstanding service, very welcoming and helpful staff... I had forgotten something and Marie (the Manager) went above the normal service to help me get what I needed done. The staff at the bar, and at Perkins (Carla in particular)... all made sure we were well taken care of and always had smiles for the guests etc. The staff definitely goes above and beyond for their guests!
This hotel is new and clean and decorated very nicely. The beds are fabulous. Very nice sheets and pillows as well. The view is great (we were on the 7th floor) too. Parking is convenient & safe.
Unfortunately, Trip Advisor keeps the old reviews from the hotel that was previously in that location and refuses to start the reviews as of the date this hotel actually opened for business. Apparently Trip Advisor feels the old one, which was torn down and closed for a year or two before this one opened, should be on the same review. I guess that hotel wasn't even a Wyndham! Silly. Bottom line- if the review is from a stay before 2011, it is not the same hotel!
None the less, it was one of the best hotel experiences I've had and would most definitely stay there again. There really was nothing bad or marginal about our stay and we had multiple rooms of women in our group who can be quite picky about things! LOL!

Room Tip: If you need something or have a concern, just ask.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I were in Niagara Falls looking for a place to stay. Most places were either booked right up or super expensive. This place had availablility at a sane price. It is immaculate. The staff is uber-friendly and a joy to stay there. The layout of the bathroom in our room was a little different but not enough to complain about.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you want a 5 star hotel...without paying a 5 star price... this is the hotel for you! Amazing staff, from the moment you check in you feel welcome (Gary in particular was very helpful with dining, directions and entertainment options) the Cleaning Staff, Perkins staff, all awesome and don't miss having a cocktail at MJ's ... our lovely bartender made the best Espresso Cocktail I have ever had (and I have had a few)... Rooms were clean, new, well equipped and the night view was fantastic... we could see fireworks from the jacuzzi ... don't forget the bubbles.
Parking was easy, no hassle and safe... location walking distance to everything...Clifton Hill, beautiful falls, and steps to Fallsview Casino...
It is a shame that this new property is linked to the old reviews...it is a completely new establishment...take my word...search no further ... book your room whether its a few days or just an overnight refresher... you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are booking on a Friday or Sunday make sure to get a Falls side Room so you can take them in...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Loved this hotel and it was a great value. Stayed here for 4 nights in August. This hotel has a nice indoor pool. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is very clean. Parking was $12 a day, which was nice because we never drove our car. We walked or took the bus ($11 for a 48 hour WEGO pass) there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. The beds were comfy and the TV was pretty nice. Perkins was a bit slow so we ate at The Famous at the Fallsview Casino. They had pretty good food and the portions are huge! We did eat at the Skylon rotating dining room for the early seating between 4:30pm-5:00pm and the views were amazing, the food wasn’t bad either. We also did the Maid of the Mist and I do recommend it if you have never done it. The only down side to this hotel is the walls are thin. It wasn’t a problem because the staff does keep the noise down and this is not a party hotel! Just a side note: be prepared to pay almost twice as much for everything. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in August and had a very enjoyable experience. Don`t bother reading the old reviews, the hotel is totally redone and in beautiful condition. Even the elevators are nice inside and Quiet! There is a nice little bar off the lobby called MJ`S that you can relax at the bar or sit in the very big & comfortable chairs. We were only there 1 night so I didn`t bring my workout stuff but wish I had. They only had 3 machines but they looked brand new and top of the line. The only bummer is the 12 dollar a day parking, which I WAS informed of when I called to confirm my res. the night before. However, they did let me keep my car in the lot after we checked out for nothing ( we weren`t leaving till later in the day ) as long as it wasn`t left over night. Also, like other reviews said, the rooms were very nice and the beds are VERY comfortable. Another reviewer said the area wasn`t that great but the wife & I walked around everywhere and didn`t see any problems or feel threatened at all. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 6th floor facing the Skylon tower , which wasn`t a bad view
1  Thank dave1158