7,944 results
All reviews water park meal plan magic quest dance party magiquest game paw passes great family fun wave pool life guards kids love bunk beds older kids family vacation buffet restaurant change rooms breakfast and dinner outdoor pool
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Like others have said, check in is a hassle. They say they are working on it. The room was very nice. The kids love having a little space that was theirs. A proper balcony was a nice touch. Really liked having a fridge and microwave. Beds could be better, but I have had worse in other nice hotels. Bring your own pillows.

Not much that I could eat at the buffet and a little over priced for what was there. Would be nice if there was an regular restaurant. The island cafe food was good, just no where to sit.

Kids, the younger crowd and the fun loving bunch will surely enjoy the waterpark. Could not keep the kids off the slides. I was very pleased with that safety was a top priority in the waterpark. There were lifegards every where, and they were never distracted from there job.

Two nights was the right amount of time, if you are not planning any other activities. The lodge is just a short drive to Clifton Hill and all the sites of Niagara. Worth the time if you have it.

Staff were friendly, and accomodating. I did have a small problem with one of the charges. I sent an email regarding this and got a call back the next day. Everything was corrected quickly.

It may seem expensive, but no more than it would have cost staying somewhere else and then having to pay admission to other parks and amusments.

We will be back.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

We have stayed at this resort 7 times. We WERE planning our 8th trip. We were quoted a price of $218 with the corporate discount. I told the gentleman on the phone that I would call him right back after I confirmed it with my other family members. We were planning on going October 16. When I tried calling back the phones were down due to a snow storm. (Wednesday February 2) I wasn't able to call back and book until the following Monday. This time, the price was $279 with the corporate discount. I was like hang on a second, it was just $218. I explained to the lady on the phone that I had tried calling right back to the lodge and the phones were down and I was unable to get through to GWL reservations and that this was the first time that I was able to call back. ( It was 5 days.) She told me to call the lodge directly in Niagara Falls. She felt like me that because we were repeat quests at this location we should get the rate of 218. The supervisor on duty on February 7 would due nothing for us. She couldn't even TAKE the time to speak directly with me on the phone. Shame on you GWL!!!!! We spend enough money there! Food, Drinks, ARCADE. Really you couldn't budge on the $61.00???? Now, you have made our decision easier to switch and stay at the skyline and use the FALLSVIEW Waterpark as our NEW Annual Vacation Place.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank PeggySue73
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I found cockroaches in my room. One was on my pillow when I woke in the morning and then another on the counter next to the sink on the soap. When I brought this to the attention of the assistant manager he laughed and was very dismissive. After speaking with another manager I was compensated for my nights stay and was informed that it was a german cockroachs I had found and not bedbugs which was my first concern they then assured me they haven't had bed bugs "in a while" -not very reassuring. But overall I was very disappointed with the manner this issue was dealt with and did not feel like a valued customer.

4  Thank t4444
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My family and I have just returned from our third and might I add LAST stay at GWL Niagara...I booked online for what I thought was a decent rate 149 a nite, we stayed 2 nites, and 2 nites too many...Where do I begin...Checkin was good the receptionist very friendly, everything went downhill from there. Considering all these things you hear about BED BUGS anymore, I ALWAYS CHECK THE BEDS BEFORE LAYING IN THEM. To my surprise, when I pulled the sheet back, not bed bugs but FILTHY DISGUSTING HAIRY, not just top of your head hair either, matress pad covers...I called to the front desk very nicely and simply asked for them to be changed ...What happened next, Two housekeepers show up, One of which was quite P.O"D that i had complained since she argued with me that she had just changed it,I disagreed and showed her the matress cover, well I geuss customer service isnt her skill, because she basically threw a tantrum mumbled under her breath, and RIPPED the sheets off the bed, I got very irrate than and said that I wasnt going to be treated like that, went to the front desk where I thought things would get straightened around..The assistant manger Steve J, accused me of not talking very nicely to his houskeeper, and also that NO THEY DONT CHANGE THEIR MATRESS COVERS UPON GEUSTS CHECKING OUT... This is not the treatment or the standards I expected from GWL, this place is very expensive and apparently they dont give 2 craps about geusts returning. I never wanted anything but a clean room for my family, I didnt ask for anything free, no upgrades, nothing...The first 2 times we stayed our beds were comfortable, Modern flatscreen tvs, and clean...This room and our neighbours room was something of a motel standard, the beds were old and uncomfortable, the tv was a 1997 ancient zenith, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I tried to make the most of the 2 days for my kids sake but it wasnt easy, thinking about it now, even a couple of breakfast vouchers or something wudve shown me that they were trying to keep my business, nothing not a thing was even mentioned. By the way people, if you are going there with teenagers the waterpark closes at 8 pm during the week, and there is not anything but an arcade to go to....SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND GO DOWNTOWN TO THE FALLSVIEW AND STAY AT THE SKYLINE INN, WAY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAY BETTER VALUE FOR THE MONEY!!!!

Date of stay: January 2011
45  Thank fosterschica
GWLMGMT, Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear fosterschica,

Thank you for your comments. I regret that your stay did not meet our usual Great Wolf standards. While your stay did get off to an interesting start, I am grateful we had another opportunity to talk outside of Bear Claw Café during the second day of your stay. I greatly appreciated that discussion and thank you for that. Safety is our number one priority and I am pleased to confirm that the Lodge continues to be 100% clear of bed bug concerns. Our housekeeping practices exceed all industry standards. We are also working through a replacement program for all of our Lodge linens. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerely, Steve Janzen AGM

Reviewed January 27, 2011

We travelled to Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend with 3 kids (11, 3.5 and 2). Checked in on Saturday afternoon and stayed till Sunday late afternoon. Had all 3 meals inside the Lodge as part of the inclusive package. Before we went there all of us were healthy, after the trip we all got violently ill with symptoms that our family physician suspected this is an Ecoli outbreak because we were his 4th patient family who got sick after visitng Great Wolf Lodge lately.

My 11 yr old started to have stomach cramps and diarrhea on Sunday night, then vomiting on Monday morning, then fever and chill, all lasted till Tuesday. My 3.5 yr old started the same symptoms on Sunday overnight. Myself and my husband then got sick (same symptoms) on Monday morning. My 2 yr old started diarrhea on Sunday afternoon while in the Lodge, and started vomiting and fever on Monday. We basically all got the same symptoms and violently sick till Wednesday morning.

Based on my husband's family physician's comment about his suspicion on Ecoli, I reported this incident to Health Canada.

Besides this, the check in process was chaotic. With the extreme cold alert in the past weekend, the lobby was not warm enough and check in lineup was so long that people had to wait in line shivering. And why the long lineup? They don't appear to have adequate staff to support the peak season check-in.

Staff needs to at least be able to answer simple questions on hotel amenities. You can see a lot of lifeguards watching the pool area, I asked one of them if they know what time the buffet start. Her response was,' I don't know anything outside of this pool, so you need to ask the guys who wear a blue t-shirt but we only have 3 guys in this waterpark'.

The arcade was a rip off - lots of token eating machines without activating the games just like others posted in TA. I also agreed that there're not enough staff to help you recover the lost tokens.

Bed was extremely uncomfortable ( We knew we didn't go to Great Wolf Lodge for a beauty sleep, but with the money the room costs you would think the mattress would be at least better than a Motel 6 ). Oh and our bedsheet looked like it was being slept on - totally unacceptable

Would I go back to Great Wolf Lodge? Probably not.

Date of stay: January 2011
12  Thank yyzpebbles
GWLMGMT, Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations. In regards to your concern of suspected e-coli I can assure you that guest safety is our highest priority. We take all reports of illness with absolute seriousness as we ensure the safety of all Lodge guests and staff. In our investigation and consultation with the Health Department we have no reports of e-coli and illness reports are average with normal seasonal flu. Great Wolf Lodge has health and safety standards that exceed all industry standards. We thank you for your report and if you have further concerns please contact the Lodge directly. Sincerely,

Steve Janzen AGM