Just spent the past weekend at GWL with my husband and 4 year old son.
Stayed in a large family room with 2 x queen beds and pull out couch and fireplace. Was quite roomy which was great. Saturday morning went down for breakfast. I only wanted something light so manager said that I could have a pastry and tea and he'd only charge me the kids buffet price. The line up for the buffet was ridiculous. It took my husband 20mins to get an omlette. As a result we didn't line up after that as it took too long for breakfast. Unfortunatley breakfast still cost $40 for an omlette, cheerios and a pastry. We didn't eat there on Sunday!
Went to the waterpark around 10am. It is a lot of fun and my 4 year old loved it. For the bigger slides, the wait time can be long so beware.
We came back to the water park again around 5pm and it wasn't as busy.
Ordered pizza in the room for dinner and it was fine. Beware when ordering room service, that a service charge is already taken but they still leave an option for a tip!!!
Very loud neighbours on Saturday night. We waited until 10.30pm to complain and apparently we weren't the only ones to complain. Next morning when checking out, we mentioned the noise issue and the supervisor said that there were no other complaints from the previous night. My husband mentioned that the operator told us the previous night that there were a few other complaints. The supervisor then responded 'oh - I wasn't on last night'. Very odd!!
Overall, I did think that hotel has lots of good things about it e.g. room size, water park, lobby, story time etc. Kids will have a good time. The downside is that it is extremely expensive and the service is not good. We had a good time but most likely won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls