We spent two nights at GWL with our boys (3 & 5) Sunday Nov. 10 - Tue. Nov. 12 in a Kid Camp suite. Check in isn't until 4pm which I found very late. We arrived around 2 and went though the check-in process which only took about 15 minutes. They give you bracelets which double as electronic room keys and if you give them a cell phone number, they send you a text message when your room is ready along with the room number so you can go straight to the room once available.
The room was cute. The kids were very excited to have their own little space equipped with a little TV. We were in room 2099 on the main floor with a balcony that overlooked what appeared to be their shipping/receiving area. It was pretty cold out so we just kept the curtain closed for the most part. The main bed was fine but a king would have been preferable especially when our 3 year old decided he wanted to crawl in with us. I don't know if there was a common room above us or just a very loud group in a room but I had to call the front desk at 11:30pm because of the racket. I can tolerate some noise and appreciate that kids get excited but they sounded like a herd of elephants and it actually woke my husband and I up. Luckily the kids were so exhausted from travelling and playing in the water they didn't hear a thing.
The water park was great. My 5 year old was 41.5 inches and they are very strict about height. If your child doesn't quite meet the 42" requirement they will not be able to go on the bigger slides, even with an adult. They give each child a coloured bracelet indicating their height and then they also have height charts at each big slide. This was a bit of a disappointment, I had measured him prior to going and thought he was tall enough. There were plenty of other activities in the park that kept him busy however, and he had a great time. My 3 year old loved the wave pool and the lazy river. We were all able to go on the 'Wooly Mammoth' together and they thought that was a blast. We only waited in line about 10 minutes each time. It was pretty warm and we left the kids hooded towels and shoes sitting on a beach chair and didn't worry about anything. I would really recommend bringing hooded towels or housecoats for the kids because you can't take the water park towels out into the hotel.
We had breakfast in the restaurant both days using pre-purchased meal plans which saved a bit. The buffet had everything available and was pretty good. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was also very good, with a huge selection, but it was pretty pricey.
We got each kid a Paw Pass and it was a good value. They were a little young for the MagiQuest game but they set the wands to 'free play' so they were able to open up treasure chests and make pictures light up and the stuffing station was also a big hit.
We will likely take the kids back again but will make sure they are both 48" so we can go on all of the slides. I booked this using a 20% off and wouldn't go back unless I got another deal like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls