This year is the fifth year in a row that I have had the pleasure of visiting Great Wolf Lodge near Niagara Falls, Canada. In one word, the place is ‘Fantastic’. From the minute you walk in when the big wolf howls you are transformed into a magical land.
The indoor water-park is huge (450,000 litre), with a giant wave pool, six enclosed water-slides soaring above, a raging river filled with see-through inner tubes, a large swimming pool (for safety it is only 4 feet deep), a toddler slide pool and a rope bridge, challenging for even the most athletic of children.
Outside is the giant lagoon pool. A massive swimming pool with basketball hoops, a slide and lots of warm water. Lounge chairs and tables cover the patio and a restaurant is there to fill the empty tummies.
Story time for kids, at 8 pm, puts a peaceful end to the festivities of the day, although the new attraction, the Magic Quest, has kids searching all four floors for clues in a medieval game. There are video terminals and moving pictures, all synced up to individual magic wands. The $250,000 addition has been very successful for Vancouver’s Pattison group, the owners of GWL.
Although it is not cheap, the advantage is that once you are in you can put your wallet away (especially if you but a meal package). The rooms continue the theme of the old west and the mini-golf course is one of the best. Truly a great place for the family. Two adults and one child, one night, with meals, Magic Quest and mini golf: $600 (and that includes the magic wand).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls