We stayed Sun Dec 30 - Tues Jan 1st 2013 - Wolf Den Room traveling with a 2 and 4 year old.
Arrival - we arrived around 2pm hoping our room would be ready early and it wasn't. Be prepared for long lineups if you arrive anytime before 3pm, but they do go pretty quick. When I looked at the checkin at 4pm there was maybe 2 people in line - If you are staying 2 nights checkin online to secure your room and come later - go and enjoy the falls for a bit during the day because you will have enough time in the waterpark. We had a bag packed and were going to use the waterpark, but it made more sense to use the arcade and use our room once it was ready. Very conveniently they sent a text message to our phone when it was ready so we didn't need to wait around. We also opted to get 1 "paw pass" that allows you a late checkout (1pm instead of 11am). The animals in the lobby kept the kids entertained while my wife checked us in.
Room #3022 - Wolf Den Suite - had a balcony, a couch with coffee table, table with 2 chairs, 1 bunkbed with a TV in it separated by a wall and a queen size bed. This was great for putting the 2 kids to sleep. Very large fridge and microwave were also available in the room. Overall the rooms were clean and tidy. The one downside is that the heater in the room was very noisy. If you aren't getting a suite - stay on the 4th floor so you can't hear the kids running above you.
Noise - yes there is noise, but what do you expect from a bunch of kids having fun? Our stay was over New Years and while there was some noise, I wouldn't rate it that high unless you are a light sleeper and we were in our room for both the 10pm new years balloon drop for the kids as well as the midnight one (our kids wanted to go to bed and only lasted until 8:30pm)
Waterpark - Make sure you get there relatively early. Towels are on all the chairs and tables that make it difficult to find a "home base". If you have short kids there is a limited number of slides they can go on and they are strict with height requirements. There is 1 family slide you can go on no matter what the height is so long as your child can hold on. Life jackets are available, but we brought our own waterwings for the kids. Both kids had fun in the wavepool, lazy river and kids slides, but by the 3rd day they were ready to go. There were lineups at the larger water slides, but they did go quickly and the resort was sold out.
Food - we brought cutlery, bowls, knives, milk, oatmeal, cereal, bread, peanut butter, snacks, fruit, veggies, drink boxes, water etc. etc., and didn't buy breakfast or lunches. It's worth it to do this because while the food there is good, it is fast food and is also expensive. We ordered pizza combo for dinner and it was good and on New Year's we had a special dinner booked which was outstanding (your usual culprits for kids plus shrimp, oysters, roast beef, lamb, and the list of food went on and on). There is a meal plan available if you want to keep it easy.
There are so many different things that are going on at the resort and it isn't just the waterpark. I would recommend this for a family to visit. While our kids did have lots of fun, i think once they get above the 48" height requirement for the slides and 7 years old it would be that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls