Our family, plus son's friend, went to GWL this weekend for our son's 9th birthday, and had a fantastic time. Despite warnings that we'd never get a room before 4pm, we arrrived early at 12:30 pm, walked in the lobby, registered (I had pre-registered online which helped speed things up) and were actually in our room within 15 minutes. We were in the waterpark before 1:30 pm. The waterpark was spotless and a lot of fun. The treehouse was excellent and the kids spent ages in there with all the water sprayers. The main slide was broken, but was fixed by the next morning.
Our room was also spotless and the kids loved their separate area as we'd booked the Wolf Den room as part of our son's surprise. As many have said on here, the air conditioning was noisy, but we brought earplugs and had no trouble sleeping and we are light sleepers.
Probably the biggest hit of the weekend was the Magiquest game. Huge thanks to Paul, in the Magiquest Cottage, as he was not only helpful, but also very friendly and funny. Over the entire 2 days, we must have spent over 4.5 hours running around the hotel making treasure chests open and getting pictures to talk to us. We were exhausted by Sat night! The arcade was a bit expensive, but still a lot of fun. The buffet dinner was really yummy, as was the breakfast buffet. Some people on here have said the buffets didn't have much healthy food, but we found lots of healthy (and some yummy not-so-healthy) food and all was delicious. We appreciated the chefs coming out personally to us to tell what was safe due to our son's nut allergy. Was it an expensive weekend? You bet! But we knew that going in, and we weren't bombarded with any surprise bills or charges, plus there were lots of things we could have done to cut costs if we'd wanted to. As our son said, "Best Birthday EVER!" Thank you GWL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at the Great Wolf Lodge, expect to be amazed and amused. Situated close to awe-inspiring Niagara Falls, the entire Lodge is designed to capture the spirit of adventure and the atmosphere of the great Northwood's. The Northern theme inspires everything from the spectacular stone fireplace and timber in the five-story Grand Lobby to the cabin-like comfort and decor of our all-suite guest rooms. The Lodge features an indoor/outdoor waterpark of over 100,000 square-feet; an 18-hole interactive miniature golf course; Ten Paw Bowling Alley; our 7,000 sq. Ft. Northern Lights Arcade, including a ticket redemption center; MagiQuest, interactive adventure game; Elements Spa & Salon and Scoops Kid Spa. Five themed restaurants, including a confectionary cafe and Northwood's Pizza. We assure your stay will be a howling great time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Groupon and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Niagara Falls
- Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls