“Not everyone loves Marineland”
Review of Marineland

Marineland
Book In Advance
More Info
$41.95*
and up
Marineland of Canada Day Pass
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was overly disappointed with Marineland. For 2 adults, a senior and a FREE child the cost was in the $150 range. There was only three functional rides that my daughter could go on, I was hoping to take her on the Tivoli Wheel (like a ferris wheel) she even got excited for it, but it was not running. She enjoyed watching the dolphins before the show through the glass, but did not want to stay in her seat for the show and had a hard time seeing what was happening because we were in the front row on the side there is a lot you don't see unless you are in the middle for the show. Then, we headed up to friendship cove and arctic cove with the hopes of our daughter having an opportunity to pet a whale. Friendship cove has, I would say at least 10 beluga whales if not more in a fairly small aquarium just swimming in circles...and one solitary orca who apparently has no friends. Then, we headed up to arctic cove with promises of petting a whale for our daughter. This is quite a long walk, and when you get there you find that in order to pet the whale you have to pay another $8. Sorry for thinking that my money was good for something when I walked in the gate. Needless to say, our 19 month old daughter who wouldn't remember it anyway did not get to pet a whale. So, she has been on three rides - which she loved; she watched a show with dolphins, beluga whales and sea lions - very cool; she had a nice long walk - she likes walks, but we can do that for free at home; and she visited two aquariums with more belugas than they should really hold - boring! Then we kept walking, my daughter LOVES animals, so we went to see the bears - guess what! If you pay another $5 for bear food, you can stand over them and watch them beg...or you can just stand over them and watch them beg anyway, it was really a very sad sight. Their area was quite large which was nice to see, but these poor creatures have been reduced to huddling under the look-offs and begging. You can also pay $2.50 for fish food which you can give to the fish in the water under the bridges, very big fish, not sure what they are as I didn't see any signs about it, and again, it's quite disgusting, they crowd around the feeding areas and fight with one another and the seagulls for the food. Then, you can keep walking to a point where you feel like you are no longer at Marineland and you can go see some deer and bison. There was a food kiosk for these animals, too, but it was closed so I don't know how much you have to pay to feed them. Then, there is a deer petting area where you can go into the pen and pet the deer, and supposedly feed them, but I guess you have to bring your own food. We found a carrot on the ground and managed to convince a couple deer to come closer with that, there were some children who had found small branches with leaves to feed the deer. I felt bad for these deer because it felt as if it was a part of the attraction that had been forgotten about. Now, we didn't go on any of the big rides because we had a young child with us, however, we did notice that many of the rides were closed - the one that sticks out in my mind is Dragon Mountain, the roller coaster, probably the second biggest ride in the park next to the Sky Screamer. I think it may get better in the future, they are apparently planning to expand their aquariums, there is a sign that says there will be sharks and I don't know what else. I guess I thought, since I was going to a place called Marineland I would see more aquatic life than the Belugas that were everywhere! I would have been nice to be able to see the dolphins outside of the show since they were the highlight of my daughter's day.

2  Thank Laurie J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"arcade"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

A key attraction in Niagara Falls. Have brought many kids to the park and every single one of them have enjoyed every second of it. Lots of rides and animals and all well cared for. My favorite is the marine shows, fabulous marine shows. Beautiful animals.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The best part are the shows! Loved that there is grass and picnic areas everywhere for smaller ones to stretch their legs out of the stroller. The rides are fun for the kids and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We did it all from sky screamer to touching/feeding the belugas. This was the main purpose of our trip (thanks to the commercial my kids have been begging to go for two years now) Anyway was totally worth every penny, spent the whole day there enjoying the rides and the animals. There were little to no line ups for the rides and we definitely got our money worth. Bring a picnic of your own and cooler with drinks as buying in the park is costly. Worried about carrying stuff around, rent a stroller.