“Pretty Good”

and up
Bird Kingdom All Day Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 4x Winner of Niagara Falls' "Attraction of the Year" Award, A world class tropical adventure, located in Niagara Falls, Ontario, is the largest free-flying indoor aviary in the world. More than 400 birds make their home in this multi-level rainforest setting nestled in a building which has housed some of the area's top attractions of the past. A 40-foot waterfall, tropical plants, and hundreds of birds from around the world put on a show for the public. Many of the 80 species of birds living at Bird Kingdom are endangered or threatened in the wild.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Walkerton, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Bird Kingdom was pretty good. There are tons of beautiful birds to admire as they fly around you. Some will pose for you to take pictures! The set up is nice inside. You can see some reptiles and stuff before you enter the actual bird area. However, i did see some concerns. The Toucan I saw had a badly broken beak. He was the proud one though as he seemed to enjoy all the attention and allowed people to take his picture before moving on to the next set of cameras. Another issue i saw was one of the kids in the area actually kicked one of the birds because it was too close. There NEEDS to be more security in the viewing area to help protect these beautiful birds. The built tropical area these birds live in was well done, but for some of these birds, maybe the wild is where they truly deserve to be so they can truly be appreciated. Overall, it was a cool experience. I just hope more concerns are taken over the birds safety.

Visited November 2011

• Indonesian first
Rochester, Minnesota
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Vinnie Made It An Interesting Visit”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We walked through the first couple of areas taking it all in. It was interesting seeing all the lizards-iguanas, snakes etc. We enjoyed the first "free" flying area with many types of smaller birds flying all over the room. Loved the colorful array of feathers. When we reached the largest open flying area we saw a strange blue bird with a type of peacock head plumage sitting on the railing. My husband thought he'd see just how close he could get...Turned out VERY close. I snapped a photo and we walked off...only to have the blue bird hop off the rail and proceed to follow my hubby all over! A worker let us know that the bird was named Vinnie. Then Vinnie took a liking to me and wound through my legs, rubbing up against my shins and playfully pecked at my shoes. The worker was there to tell us he was not dangerous. Hubby even petted him...He also went into the Lorakeet cage and paid $2 to feed them. Cheap entertainment for me as I watched 5-6 birds flock along his shoulders, arms and hands. You could take your own photos from outside the cage which I did. It was a nice way to spend 1-2 hours and I think that it would be a great attraction for those with children-provided they are not terrified of birds because they do fly all around you. Thank you Vinnie for making our trip a bit more memorable and definitely a lot more comical.

Visited October 2012
Belleville, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“birds flying free”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

neat for the kids to see different reptiles and seeing the birds flying around free . Elevator available for folks in wheelchairs .

Visited April 2012
Chicago
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“beautiful birds”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

They have a peacock walking around, which my kids pet. (not sure if that is allow) There is one area where you can feed the birds and they land on you to feed, that was really cool for my kids.

Visited September 2012
Trumbull, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I never imagined such a place would be at Niagra Falls. The birds were of such a wide variety, that we lost track of time as be were continually seeing different ones among the folliage. The reptiles and other "creatures" were equally fascinating. A truly unique attraction.

Visited September 2012