So personally my boyfriend and I overall were okay with this absolutely crappy hotel because we were on a budget and we're in college.
So what WASN'T wrong with the Ritz Inn? The friendliness of the lady at the front. She let us check in early at no charge since we got there early after a 9 hour drive. They did have free wi-fi if you asked for the password, and it has a GREAT location. Free parking. 10 minute walk to restaurants and the casino. Everything you could possibly want is in the surrounding 1-2 miles. Really, location is definitely on their side.
So what was wrong? Everything else. We get there, knowing we booked our single-bed room 2 months ago. We are told that they have no more single-bed rooms so they had to give us a double bed room. She said we wouldn't be charged for the double-room as long as we didn't touch the bed. So there's this HUGE bed right in the middle of the room which would have been nice to put our stuff on but we didn't for fear of being charged. We should have been able to touch whatever we wanted, seeing as we were still PAYING them, and they're the ones that didn't give us the right room. The light in the front of our room didn't work. There was no table in the room so we put everything on the randomly-placed couch (that was next to the door, facing nothing.) The first day our heater/AC didn't work but then did the second. The shower was DANGEROUS! My boyfriend was in the shower and started screaming for me to go in there. The shower turned to SCORCHING hot, it hurt even to turn it down for him. A minute later it goes freezing cold. Hot again. Without touching it. This was the case for every shower there. The sink shot out in a funny fashion that sprayed a bit. We could hear pretty much everything going on outside, but that wasn't so bad at night because the location was far enough away from the main street. I saw a man much older than us standing outside one night and he said to me "is this not the worst place you've ever stayed?" Let me just say that my boyfriend and I are pretty relaxed people, so we weren't angry, but actually just laughed at everything that went wrong.
Okay so case & point. If you are young, on a budget, and want somewhere walking distance from everything so you don't have to worry about drinking & driving, sure, go for it here but don't expect anything great. If you are older or trying to bring your family here, well... don't. NOT for families/ older couples. I would have put recommend for a friend if they hadn't told us we weren't allowed to touch the extra bed in our room. And that for all the stuff wrong with this place it should be even cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wireless Internet in 30 beautifully equipped, cozy guest rooms, Jacuzzi-Fireplace and Kitchenette suites. Only a 5-minute walk to the Falls and Casino with very reasonable rates and complete amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel Hotel Niagara Falls
- Ritz Inn Niagara And Wedding Chapel
- Ritz Hotel Niagara Falls
- Ritz Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Ritz