I made a reservation with this seedy motel back in November for a night on New Years Eve. My rate was something like $181 after tax (walk-ins on New Years were being charged $250 BEFORE tax!). The problems started immediatly.
The lobby stunk like moth balls and when I checked into my room I was sent to a room that had a Neon "OPEN" sign in the window right next to the bed. The room smelt like urine and pine sol. The matress looked like it had fallen off of a truck and had been run over on the highway. The walls were cinderblock with various concrete patch jobs over the years. The floor was some retro 70's tile. The air conditioner was sealed up inside of the room with a GARBAGE BAG. There was also a bonus gift of a potatoe bug climbing around the ceiling. No glasses, no bucket for ice, no extra hand towels, NO FRILLS! Did I mention they wanted $180 for the room?
So with my wife in tears we went to our friends hotel room which was in the same motel. It was like night and day. There room looked renovated with new laminate floors and the matress was a respectable shape and condition (unlike ours). So we figured "ok we'll just switch rooms and find a nice one". The hotel staff told me that they would charge me $30 more for another room and when we asked to look at it we were greeted with a waterbed from 1982 in a suken frame, some yellow and brown carpet and a cheap painting of a topless woman on the wall. My original thoughts were "Hey, what pornos were shot here?"
At the end of it all they refunded my reservation but kept $20 of my money for nothing and then they rented the room out to a next couple for $250 while we were still there.
So two things can be learned here:
-Never stay at the Ritz Inn (Unless you're shooting a porno)
-Always check the room out before you sign the credit card slip
We were able to win a little money in the casino after and got back to Toronto in time to catch the New Years countdown and to sleep at the best hotel in town, our house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wireless Internet in 30 beautifully equipped, cozy guest rooms, Jacuzzi-Fireplace and Kitchenette suites. Only a 5-minute walk to the Falls and Casino with very reasonable rates and complete amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Inn Niagara And Wedding Chapel
- Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel Hotel Niagara Falls
- Ritz Hotel Niagara Falls
- Ritz Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Ritz