“Excellent Service and Value”

Ritz Inn Niagara & Wedding Chapel
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent Service and Value”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed this past weekend at this hotel and it was wonderful.......very clean, very spacious! There was a portable heater to help heat the room as the electric heating didn't seem to travel too far, all was good but the ceramic tile part of the floor was really cold! Nothing a good area carpet wouldn't fix! The owners were extremley nice and helpful and they also cleared the snow off of our vehicle in the morning time before we checked out! I would definitley recommend this place and will be back! I have stayed at 2 other big name hotels in the same area and they did not impress me enough to spend twice as much than I did at the Ritz Inn!!! It is also walking distance to Fallsview Casino, Clifton Hill and the Falls!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank carrcooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was very clean with a nice kitchenette, oven, fridge, table, and chairs. It came also with two bottles of water. The bathroom was also very nice and clean. But I cannot stay there again in the winter. The first night we nearly froze. The portable parabolic heater (provided) is good only if it's pointed at you, but it didn't seem to warm up the room. We barely slept at all the first night. The second night we got a comforter upon asking for one, and this helped us sleep the second night, but we still weren't very comfortable with the cold.

I think hotels which are open in the winter should be properly equipped with an adequate heating system. I wanted to give this hotel a chance, but I can't give it a good review, simply because we nearly froze.

It's unfortunate because I really liked everything else about the room. I would only stay there again if I knew the heating problem was taken care of. Hoping they will somehow take care of this problem.

Room Tip: If staying in the winter, ask first if you can get a room that is well heated. Otherwise, just find...
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Joel D
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I saw this hotel on the show, "Hotel Impossible". But, decided that I would try to give it the benefit of the doubt, and my patronage. I can tell you that although they are not a five star hotel, they also are not expensive, or over-rated. I wasn't at all disappointed with my stay there. It was CLEAN * QUIET* and WELL MAINTAINED. The owners have gone to a lot of trouble to save this place and I feel they have been successful!! I will rent a room there the next trip to Niagara Falls.. if I am ever fortunate to visit the Falls again. I give them 3 stars.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you rent it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
12 Thank Roxann P
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The owners were very nice and several rooms have been upgraded very nicely. The pool is pretty good for this type of motel. This is not the fanciest place but priced quite fair for what you get in this area. Enjoy the falls!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank notintohype
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A cheap hotel, but not all that nice. The bed was good, it was a spacious room, everything was working.
But would go for another hotel next time. There were a lot of nice hotels offering nicer rooms for the same price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Tom M
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Book ed this motel over the phone and I person who answered was very faint. Reached there, the room was small, the TV not working, the microwave oven not connected, the Air con made a terrible sound had to sleep in hot room. The Bathroom was 1930 style with dangling faucet, wake up in the morning and toilet was clogged, went to see the manager and I was told that there is a plunger beneath the staircase and I fix the toilet myself. Had to pay for parking.
Bottom line you will be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Mike A
mt clemens mi
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went on 10 day trip with 9 other friends. this is the dirtiest place I have ever been in............EVER! Folks live there, the pool was nasty. Long walk to falls and casino. Im thinkin they rent by the hour! Scarey! Changed rooms and they re-rented with in a few minutes. Our group does a 10 day vacation/ motorcycle ride every year for the last 12 years. This is by far the worst place I have ever been.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends