(Actual travel time was January 2007). We just returned from a mini get-away to the Americana Resort. After reading some of the reviews, I was terrrified! I am sorry some people had such horrible experiences however, this just wasn't the case for us. We checked in with no problems. Donna upgraded us to a one bedroom suite (rm 289). Complete with a fireplace and balcony, microwave, mini-fridge and kitchen sink. Having the separate bedroom worked out well for the kids. The room was clean and accomodating. The waterpark was awesome. My kids are ages 2 and 5 and they were able to use most of the park. There are at least one or two lifeguards per area. There are some bigger slides and rides for older kids (or adults). It was fairly warm inside the dome while we were there. Jack Tanner's (the onsite restaurant) was good. We had to wait for about 20 minutes one morning for breakfast but otherwise it was fine. The only complaint (or inconvinience really) was the snack bar associated with the water park. The prices are quite steep and it seemed really disorganized. The food was satisfactory at best. There is a spa that looked really nice and the prices seemed reasonable. I didn't have the opportunity to try it however.
Just keep in mind, this is a 3 star resort in one of the largest tourist sections around. You are going to pay a lot no matter where you are in Niagara Falls... I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone with children. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, you might try some place else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Americana is a unique Niagara Falls Hotel offering the ultimate family vacation retreat and corporate conference centre.Some of the treasury of amenities you will find at the Americana include Waves Indoor Waterpark - a premier waterpark in Niagara Falls featuring a retractable roof, slides and more; a large outdoor recreational area and playground with gazebos and barbecues; Senses Spa & Boutique, a full-service spa for those who want to get away and relax; free wireless internet, on-site restaurant and bar and over 21,000 square feet of meeting, banquet or wedding space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Americana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Hotel Niagara Falls
- Americana Resort Niagara Falls