“HORRIBLE!”

Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Niagara On The Lake
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

We got there are played in the water park, which is very small. Ok for children ages 3 to 6. Then went to the restaurant in the hotel named JACK TANNERS, husband ordered salmon and it was so over done and the rice was cutting my husbands gums, children ordered chicken nuggets, they were so deep fried they were dripping oil! Restaurant has TV's at each table and everyone had theirs turned up soo loud you couldn't talk to one another at the table! Complained and they said there was nothing they could do. Went back to our room, which we payed an extra 20 bucks to upgrade and the room wasn't at all what we say online! The room was really run down with VERY uncomfortable beds! You could feel the springs in the mattresses and THEY DON'T USE FITTED SHEETS ON THE BED! They use top sheets and while you are sleeping they move and your body touches the mattress. Carpets were dirty and had holes in them. We called down for extra pillows and blankets and waited an hour and an extra phone call down to the front desk before we got them! Ask to speak with the supervisor on duty, was told she was on break for another 10 min and she would come to our room AS SOON as she got back, waited another hour before I called down to find she just got back and was very rude, wouldn't come to the room, when I explained that there was no fitted sheet on the bed she told me that wasn't a regular complaint and there was nothing she could do for me, my husband and I decided we would leave and go home( we were there for SLEEP CHEAP NIAGARA) She told us we could leave but we wouldn't get our money back and there was nothing she would do for us. So since we couldn't get our money back we decided to stay and make the best of it! We rented a movie for the kids and the movie had lines through it the WHOLE time and there looked like another movie playing in the background. THEY NEVER TOOK THE PRICE OF THE MOVIE OFF EITHER! SO we went to bed...all night we could hear other people and their kids....I got no sleep at all and my husband woke up with a sore neck and back. And you are so far away from the falls...so when you look out your window you see building and a road....BEWARE...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...in our case NOTHING!!!!...VERY HORRIBLE and we will NEVER go back!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rachchad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
sudbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

My friends and our kids stayed at the americana for my birthday and got a luxurious room for a price that was more reasonable then the rest of the hotels at the falls of the same class. The room was very clean, and the service was great when we had room service. Although the waterpark was smaller then most in the falls (probably because it was the first one built) and geared towards families with younger children we had a blast and even came back the next day. The waterpark staff were very attentive to their surroundings and the supervisors were great in making sure that we were having a good time. the food at jack tanners was very reasonably priced. we recommended this HOTEL to all our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

My spouse and I really wanted to take our 4 year old to Great Wolf Lodge but the $399 a night really put me off. So, I began my search for another hotel with a waterpark. I found the Americana website and decided to hold a room because it was only $159 a night. All I can say is try www.nextag.com I found the exact same thing through another booking engine for $85 a night...I couldn't resist and paid instantly. Ok, so then I came to TripAdvisor and read the reviews, crap what had I done. I was worried!!!

We received the standard room with 2 queen beds. I have to say our room looked exactly like the picture. Our room was spacious and clean. Yes, it is more of a motel feel and yes the room could have used some updating and freshening up but for $85 it was great. For the 3 of us to just go to the Americana Waterpark would have been $25 per person. That means for an extra $10 we got to spend the night and enjoy the Waterpark for 2 days.

As other people have commented the Waterpark is small but it was perfect for our 4 year old and I must say, the parents had a great time too! There are life guards everwhere and the staff is helpful and friendly. The wave pool was a lot of fun as well as the tube slides. Getting our little guy to leave was probably the worst part, oh the tears. We will definitely be going back in the new year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
waterloo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed at the Americana on Lundy's and although it was an ok hotel there was a rodent problem. We were woken up early Sunday morning to the rustling and crunching of mice in our grocery bags having the meal of their life. (bags were on the table) My Wife absolutly hates mice and there was no way we were getting back to sleep.
When we informed them of it the response was " Well we do back onto a field you know and it is getting cold outside"
Anyhow when I spoke to the manager about it later and asked to be refunded for one nights stay, I was given a free night's stay the next time we come and sent on my way. I don't think I will be back so it''s kind of useless.

I think I should have been compensated for a night? We didn't really get what we paid for in my opinion which was a good nights lodging. I also found out that another room on the same floor had complained about mice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chikn
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

We were all excited to be going and staying at this hotel. We found that the service was horrible, they were all very rude. The waterpark was small, very slippery floor. Lifeguards were always talking to each other and never really watching the area they were suppose to be. No real pool to swim in and relax. The hotel room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel. They were not very helpful when we asked for directions into the city. It is about 10 minutes from downtown. They did take a deposit on my Credit Card and did not tell me. We had problems with fraud and they never even wanted to try and help or offer any advice. They put 6 different charges on my card and in the end they would not even return my phone calls.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy_Shawanda
Sudbury
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

This hotel or should I say MOTEL is the biggest lie on the internet....The rooms look NOTHING like the internet, ours was dirty , the beds were dirty.....the staff was rude and did nott care. It's far from the falls, just GROSS ALL THE WAY AROUND. Will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank visitorSudbury
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

We have been to the Great Wolf Lodge many times and have always loved it. When we called to book it this time we were told the rate for August 25 was $450 for a basic room!!!! We decided it was time to check out the Americana. Our CAA rate was $125, a much more reasonable rate. The reviews on this website scared us but we decided to see for ourselves. We LOVED it!!! Our kids, 2 and 5, had a great time in the toddler area. It has 3 slides (that adults can go on too!), swings and a wading area. The wave pool was also great fun. There was another area with 2 slides that we also loved. They had a dumping water bucket and 4 other larger waterslides. They also have an adults only hot tub that was awesome.
The waterpark is smaller than the Great Wolf Lodge, but that worked in our favor. The only thing we missed was the kiddie entertainment.
The Americana was great value for our money. The room was not as impressive as we are used to, but was clean and very comfortable. Our main floor room had a walk out to the nice playground, that was very handy.
We would recommend this hotel, especially if you have young children.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family