“A Great Little Getaway!!!”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“A Great Little Getaway!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My spouse and I really wanted to take our 4 year old to Great Wolf Lodge but the $399 a night really put me off. So, I began my search for another hotel with a waterpark. I found the Americana website and decided to hold a room because it was only $159 a night. All I can say is try www.nextag.com I found the exact same thing through another booking engine for $85 a night...I couldn't resist and paid instantly. Ok, so then I came to TripAdvisor and read the reviews, crap what had I done. I was worried!!!

We received the standard room with 2 queen beds. I have to say our room looked exactly like the picture. Our room was spacious and clean. Yes, it is more of a motel feel and yes the room could have used some updating and freshening up but for $85 it was great. For the 3 of us to just go to the Americana Waterpark would have been $25 per person. That means for an extra $10 we got to spend the night and enjoy the Waterpark for 2 days.

As other people have commented the Waterpark is small but it was perfect for our 4 year old and I must say, the parents had a great time too! There are life guards everwhere and the staff is helpful and friendly. The wave pool was a lot of fun as well as the tube slides. Getting our little guy to leave was probably the worst part, oh the tears. We will definitely be going back in the new year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
waterloo
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed at the Americana on Lundy's and although it was an ok hotel there was a rodent problem. We were woken up early Sunday morning to the rustling and crunching of mice in our grocery bags having the meal of their life. (bags were on the table) My Wife absolutly hates mice and there was no way we were getting back to sleep.
When we informed them of it the response was " Well we do back onto a field you know and it is getting cold outside"
Anyhow when I spoke to the manager about it later and asked to be refunded for one nights stay, I was given a free night's stay the next time we come and sent on my way. I don't think I will be back so it''s kind of useless.

I think I should have been compensated for a night? We didn't really get what we paid for in my opinion which was a good nights lodging. I also found out that another room on the same floor had complained about mice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chikn
Ottawa
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We were all excited to be going and staying at this hotel. We found that the service was horrible, they were all very rude. The waterpark was small, very slippery floor. Lifeguards were always talking to each other and never really watching the area they were suppose to be. No real pool to swim in and relax. The hotel room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel. They were not very helpful when we asked for directions into the city. It is about 10 minutes from downtown. They did take a deposit on my Credit Card and did not tell me. We had problems with fraud and they never even wanted to try and help or offer any advice. They put 6 different charges on my card and in the end they would not even return my phone calls.

1 Thank Mandy_Shawanda
Sudbury
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This hotel or should I say MOTEL is the biggest lie on the internet....The rooms look NOTHING like the internet, ours was dirty , the beds were dirty.....the staff was rude and did nott care. It's far from the falls, just GROSS ALL THE WAY AROUND. Will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank visitorSudbury
Toronto
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We have been to the Great Wolf Lodge many times and have always loved it. When we called to book it this time we were told the rate for August 25 was $450 for a basic room!!!! We decided it was time to check out the Americana. Our CAA rate was $125, a much more reasonable rate. The reviews on this website scared us but we decided to see for ourselves. We LOVED it!!! Our kids, 2 and 5, had a great time in the toddler area. It has 3 slides (that adults can go on too!), swings and a wading area. The wave pool was also great fun. There was another area with 2 slides that we also loved. They had a dumping water bucket and 4 other larger waterslides. They also have an adults only hot tub that was awesome.
The waterpark is smaller than the Great Wolf Lodge, but that worked in our favor. The only thing we missed was the kiddie entertainment.
The Americana was great value for our money. The room was not as impressive as we are used to, but was clean and very comfortable. Our main floor room had a walk out to the nice playground, that was very handy.
We would recommend this hotel, especially if you have young children.

3 Thank DMisabel
Long Island, NY
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Nice room nice hotel nice staff. It has 4 water rides and found out later it was not the big water park we were expecting. Despite this it was not crowded and we had a good time. We took the package which included food coupons to the onsite resturant "Jack Tanner's" It was good food and the coupons made it a great value. Was told they had wireless internet access when room was booked but upon arrival was told was not available in everyroom but I could sit in the lobby which upset me greatly.

toronto
Reviewed August 15, 2009

To start the hotel is really an old Motel with small face lift , well off the strip. Arrived, our room was dirty , carpet was gross and we never took our shoes off. If it wasn't for my kids wanting to use the water park I would of left right away. Wife killed a roach in the bathroom. Room had an odor, this place should be rated a 1 star at best. Stay away at all cost.

1 Thank Joestrip